Tractor Sizing L-series what size

/ L-series what size #41  
Re: Quick attach bucket brackets

Gorden,

The quick attach bucket system is kinda expensive (about $250), but it is worth every penny to me. It allows you to pull two pins and dump the bucket in a couple of minutes. More important, is that it allows me to use the loader for a hay spear and forks, which I hope someday to have enough money to buy.

It uses the standard bucket and is just a kit of brackets and pins that you install by removing the original bucket. I leave the bucket off when mowing and get a lot of extra clearance easily.

/ L-series what size #42  
Sorry Bird, thought by now I knew everyone elses tractor as well as mine./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Guess I remember you mentioning the diamond plate as an opion you had.

MarkV

/ L-series what size #43  
Re: L-series what size - Canopy

Food for thought...
When looking for a canopy for my B2150 I debated between the Kubota brand and the diamond plate "heavy duty" model (approximately the same price). I went with the heavy duty model.

After the installation, I noticed that the tractor is more unstable on my hills than is was before the canopy was installed. The heavier unit may be more durable, but its heavier weight mounted above the tractor's center-of-gravity will make the tractor more unstable.

/ L-series what size

Thats the shame about adding overhead protection it does or can change the way a tractor handles. Thanks for the info.

I do alot in the woods and I need more over my head than a hardhat./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
gordon

/ L-series what size #45  

Kelvin, that's an interesting thought that I really hadn't considered. My dealer said they just almost never sold a Kubota brand canopy, but I didn't ask about the weight difference. And I don't know what either mine or the Kubota brand weighs. I just know in the Texas sun and 100+ temperature, I gotta have some shade./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif And I like my canopy too much to consider changing.

Bird

/ L-series what size
Re: Quick attach bucket brackets

Thanks Wen I thought that it could be added down the road but wasn't sure. I don't want to leave out any important items that I might regret later.

My main concern was would the same bucket work after the kit was installed and you have answered that.

Your system will allow you to mount skidsteer type attachments as well correct? Thanks
Gordon

/ L-series what size #47  

Gee Bird, Just put 400# of water in your tires and go on.

Now I have been using this Tractor Supply hat that weighs about 8 oz. If you point the bill down just a little from the horizontal, do you think I can keep my tractor on the ground. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ L-series what size #48  

Wen, since they're already 75% full of water and anti-freeze, don't where I'd put anymore, but I guess that should compensate for the canopy./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And I've got a Kubota cap, but it's a "compact" model so it's pretty light./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ L-series what size
Re: L-series what size=L4310hst

Well the numbers are final I'm going to get a L4310 with hst, frontend loader, tip & tilt, wheel weights and a box blade.
My dealer ended up giving me a very fair price after some bickering--I can't sell a tractor that cheap. But once he sharpened his pencil we were both happy!!!

The hp numbers are very close to my L3750 and after thinking about a smaller size realized that there was no way I could trade down.

Ran the L3750 for four hours tonight brush hogging and still have about 6 acres to finish up tomorrow night for a man down the street he is going to be a good customer it looks like and I won't even have to load the tractor on the trailer--life is good. But back to my point I sure am going to miss this tractor after I trade it in thats for sure, I've spent alot of hours on her thats for sure. But now it's time for a new one can't afford any breakdowns with just one main tractor the 8n just doesn't cut it like the Kubota does./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ L-series what size #50  
Re: L-series what size=L4310hst

Congratulations! Been following this post closely. Seem like a lot of effort goes into shopping but it always comes down to the sharpest pencil. L4310 is really nice tractor. Wish I had a Kubota dealer around like that. Best of luck!