Tractor Sizing L-series what size

/ L-series what size #61  
Re: L-series what size - Canopy

I can't tell any difference in the steering and wouldn't think that I would. I seldom get past 4th or 5th gear, but it is possible to get a terrific unbalance if you get to enough speed where the water decides to quit staying level. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The front wheels are on 24 inch rims so they hold several hundred pounds.

I wanted the weight on the front wheels just for traction when pulling heavy implements. It works well, but the back tires are the most important. You should read all the cautions Kubota puts on when you order the creeper kit (I didn't) because now the tractor has enough power to break itself or anything else that gets in the way. They still make tractors capable of getting you in a lot of trouble if you don't pay attention to what you are doing.

A little like my table saw while building my house, you have to throw away all the guards to be able to use the thing. Now it is not safe for people that don't know what they are doing. Have to do the same thing on a Skil saw when you use it for cutting metal for a roof. Most of the safety stuff on tractors now doesn't get in the way of doing real work and that is good.

I still see a lot of posts where people are concerned about the weight of the tractor. They really need to look at the tire sizes and contact area as spreading the weight out is the key to not getting a lot of compaction.

/ L-series what size
Re: L-series what size - Canopy

Wen you sure are right about alot of the safty guards but it is a sue happy world and we all have to suffer because of it. With alot of unneeded guards that cause more problems than help.

I've decided on the base for my canopy its the top of a 401 Kubota loader is steel and already has lights. I can get this for next to nothing from my dealer they have to remove them to install cabs. So it will be the perfect base will u bolt it to my folding rops and go from there!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon