Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read.

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I received the same sales pitch from the JD salesman, how I was not going to have any resale value in a Branson, but I plan on keeping it till it's shot so we will just have to see. )</font>

As long as you keep your tractors for its lifetime you have nothing to worry about. If you check out the farm equipment blue books you will find that anything besides the big 3 loose their value much more quickly and dramaticly. About %50-60 in 2-3 years verses %20-25. It sounds like a sales pitch, but it is true. Like you said, if you plan on keeping the machine its a non issue.

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #12  
As I understand the Kukje made John Deeres are for the Asian market. The models they make are the small (not compact) utility tractors like the 5200 series over here. I recentluy saw an ad for a JD 5303 for an incredible price(under $13K). I checked it out because I thought it might have been made by Kukje. To my surprise all it said was "Made in India". I can stand corrected, but the only JD tractors made in the US I know of are the larger ones.

Pacesetter

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
" you check out the farm equipment blue books you will find that anything besides the big 3 loose their value much more quickly and dramaticly. About %50-60 in 2-3 years verses %20-25. It sounds like a sales pitch, but it is true. "
)</font>

My "blue books" don't show this wide difference.
In fact the "percentage" differences are not that great.
Where the differences really show up is in actual dollars of drop. The higher the initial price is ,the more dollars drop , compared to a lower priced unit.
You can't put percentages in your pocket, but dollars, you can /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dancce