Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read.

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #1  

snoboy

Silver Member
Tractor
04' Branson 4020
OK guys I need some help here. I'm new here and no my tractor has not arrived yet. The truck thats bringing my backhoe to be mounted on my tractor and then delivered to me by the dealer broke down in Colorado then lied to the dealer saying the delay was due to the Easter holiday. SB here in about 2 days. Anyhoots Thats another story. I would ask all Branson owners to go to the Kukje Machinery web site and tell me where the John Deere tractors that they build are sold and used. Are they for the USA or an over-seas market? I need some info because I went to a JD dealer this weekend as I was pricing a Lorenz snowblower which is a brand I'm interested in. Well when I told the salesman that it will be mounted on a Branson 4020 built by Kukje, he gave me I shi--y look. I then said well its the same Co. that builds your 65-115 hp tractors and he got really baligerent with me saying "JD has never been built any where except Augusta Ga. They would never be built by Koreans". "They're lieing through their teeth" he said. I guess "they" was a reference to Kukje. I sure could use some enlightening here fellas. Not that I would go back and sling it in his face but I would like to know what these JD tractors are all about on the Kukje web sight. Thanks guys. Mike

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #3  
JD's are built all over the world, and that isn't a bad thing. It is my understanding the the Kukje JD's are built for the Asian market, and possibly Europe, but not for the USA.

It sounds like your salesman has a burr under his saddle. JD has had tractors built overseas for years. Yanmar is a good example.

I sell both Branson and Mahindra and it is interesting what some of the local Big 3 dealers try to imply about our products. It often backfires on them. I generally resist the temptation to beep my horn as I pass by their lot on the way to another delivery.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read.
I agree Dave, it is'nt a bad thing. Heck I've worked manufacturing for 16 yrs. here at the Boeing Co. I am an assembly line jet builder (737s). Alot of our stuff comes from overseas. It helps us sell jets when we let other countries participate in part making. So if I dont have a problem with overseas manufacturing then why would a salesman. All I know is I'm dieing to get my tractor. I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas. Best wishes to ya all.

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #5  
Dave:

<font color="blue">I generally resist the temptation to beep my horn as I pass by their lot on the way to another delivery </font>

To darn funny, I ran into this big 3 thinking when I was shopping for a tractor, herd a lot of "ther tractors ain't no good" or "our's are made here and theres are made there" dribble from salesmen. I went shopping for a Yanmar in green clothing and got what I wanted but had to listion to all kinds of garbage from salesmens mouth's.

Whiskey

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #6  
Whiskey thanks for being honest. I'm for sure not going to cut down the big three, but I have owened 2 of the big 3 and now own a Branson and love it. It's what fit my pocketbook at the time and have been very happy with it. My first choice was the JD 790 but , when I compared apples to apples I chose the Branson. I received the same sales pitch from the JD salesman, how I was not going to have any resale value in a Branson, but I plan on keeping it till it's shot so we will just have to see.

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #7  
Reese:

Anytime, the only reasion I wanted a "new" Yanmar was I own one of the old ones, a YM187 and I don't treat it nice at all and it always comes back for more, fluid and filters and it just keeps on tick'n.

I wanted to look at the "other than big 3" tractors but the only one even close to my location was Mahindra and he never had any of the smaller models on the lot.

Whiskey

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #8  
I don't know where John Deere is made for sure except for what I have read on TBN. One thing I do know is that the John Deere 4710 and my Century 3045 both have the same Yanmar engine, the 4TNE88 48 horsepower.
John Deere 4710

Bet this won't make that salesman happy

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #9  
that is exactly right.
I went to the yanmar site and checked out all the various engines.
I bought the Century, just as they switched to the Cummins, but prior to that it was the Yanmar.
The same exact one they put in the JD.

Anthony

/ Kukje and JDeere. Branson or Century owners read. #10  
Any meeting I have ever been to where other brand dealers are involved. I often find that JD dealers are the deepest in denial about where there products are made and who makes them. I for one could never figure this out! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif