Kubota wheel and loader nut torque.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #11  
I use a electric impact wrench when rotating the tires on my car and truck. I do not hammer the the nuts back on i get them tight and then use a Torque wrench to achieve the proper setting. I use a torque wrench although I also have torque extensions used in garages for removing and installing wheels.

I have used the torque extensions on other repairs and have found them to be close. But close only counts in horse shoes.

Last edited:
   / Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #12  
I have never ever seen any mechanic working in a garage, auto dealership, or tire shop use a torque wrench on lug nuts.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #13  
Using a torque wrench is the correct thing to do. There are plenty of examples as to why. But to each their own. Tighten away folks.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #14  
I have never ever seen any mechanic working in a garage, auto dealership, or tire shop use a torque wrench on lug nuts.
They use the torque extensions I posted a link to. Amazon or Snap On will sell you one of these for @204.00. Or Harbor Freight and Amazon will sell you the same, different brand name for $59.00.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque.
Okay - I see.
Luckily the battery impact only turned a few of them so I suspect it was not capable of exceeding the torque value of the lot of them.
I ordered the set above.
Thank you for the information

Last edited:
   / Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #16  
But I bet they use torque sticks... Even the tire jockeys at Wal Mart use them. HF sells a nice color coded set for under 50 bucks and Torque Test Channel on YT tested them for accuracy and found them to be very close to the stamped in spec.

The other thing you always want to do (on a tractor or a car or truck) is mount the wheels, torque them and then drive it around a bit and check them again. That especially holds true for alloy rims.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #17  
Okay - I see.
Luckily the battery impact only turned a few of them so I suspect it was not capable of exceeding the torque value of the lot of them.
I ordered the set above.
Thank you for the information
If your relying on your max torque output of the impact gun to be your final torque your useing it wrong. Every gun is different and every bolt is different. You need to get a feel for things and dont expect a big gun to stop turning the bolt.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #18  
If your relying on your max torque output of the impact gun to be your final torque your useing it wrong. Every gun is different and every bolt is different. You need to get a feel for things and dont expect a big gun to stop turning the bolt.
True I have a 1/2 inch battery powered impact wrench that is rated at 1200 plus foot pounds of torque. Don’t think I would hammer away at lug bolts with it.

I know this I have a Woods Bush Hog with a recommended torque on the blade retention nut of 695 foot pounds I believe. The battery powered impact will zip the nut of the bolt like it wasn’t tight.

A neighbor had a bolt on his Haybine giving him problems. I loaned him the impact wrench and cautioned him a couple of time to not hammer or he could break the bolt. He evidently forgot the warning because when he brought the wrench back a couple days later and I asked him if the machine was fixed and he laughed and said yes after I went to town and got a new bolt for the broken one.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #19  
For the first five years, or so, I checked the lug nuts on my M6040 every fall. Real PITA as I become older. 56 lug nuts in total.

Then four years ago I did this. Remove one nut at a time. Blue LokTite. Retighten with my torque wrench. Mark each nut with marking pen.

Now simple visual inspection is all that's required.

Actually in the 13 years I've owned this tractor - not a single nut has worked loose.

/ Kubota wheel and loader nut torque. #20  
If you purchase new tires at a Costco you will discover wheel removal and reinstall are all manual, with no impacts, air or electric. Wheels lugs are torqued with a torque wrench and you will get a phone call in a week or so to stop back and have the lug nuts torque checked.

I use a Rigid 18-volt impact to loosen the lugs and the automatic setting, which stops the impact when it detects resistance, to tighten the lugs. Once I'm done rotating the tires, I torque the lug nuts with a torque wrench. A week or so later I re-torque the lug nuts and typically find one or two lug nuts on each wheel tightening another quarter to a third of a turn.