Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #41  
What I do when I need to work close, like spotting a trailer (the front receiver and a receiver hitch is a Godsend for me), I 2 foot it. One foot on the accelerator pedal, one foot on the brake pedal. That way it don't 'jump' at all. Not going to hurt it either so long as you aren't mashing the throttle and the brake at the same time. I do not like the accelerator pedal either. It's akward and no place to rest your boot heel. Think I'll do some modifications and lower the pedal a tad so I can rest my boot heel on the floor and work the accelerator pedal easier.

Did you change the engine oil, oil filter and transmission fluid like ii calls out in the owners manual? Have about 25 on ours and I need to get a filter. I'm switching to my oil I use in my farm tractors, 5-40 Rotella T6 and I have a gallon of SUDT and it only holds 2 quarts (transmission) so I'm covered there. Calls for oil and fluid change at 30 meter hours.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #42  
I got it with 45 hrs. Dealer had them at rodeos. He changed all fluids for me. Will try the double foot for trailer, but still issue when bouncing over very rough pasture where pigs have done serious damage. I know, that's 2 issues :)

I've wanted to mod foot pedal as well. Send me pic if u do it. Would like to see if it works. I will do same.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #43  
I got it with 45 hrs. Dealer had them at rodeos. He changed all fluids for me. Will try the double foot for trailer, but still issue when bouncing over very rough pasture where pigs have done serious damage. I know, that's 2 issues :)

I've wanted to mod foot pedal as well. Send me pic if u do it. Would like to see if it works. I will do same.

Was at my dealer today and picked up some parts. With 2 big Kubota's and Kubota hay tools I'm always buying something. Anyway, told hom about how they jump and he's going to the dealers meeting in Grapevine, Texas next week and he said he's bring it up so I 'll have an answer when he gets back. Told him about the gas pedal too. That is fixable. Not sure about the jumping but we will find out and I'll post it.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #44  
One thing I did do right away and that was fix the rattling tailgate. I took 2 lengths of fuel hose and slipped them over the tailgate latches so now when I close the tailgate, the latches sit down in the hooks and keep the tailgate just far enough away from the bed that it don't rattle. Rattle was driving me nuts.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #45  
Just extend the pedal with a thin piece of wood shaped appropriately/painted blk., and zip tied to the existing pedal.

SR

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #46  
Thanks 5030. Just want it to get fixed. I think they are part of the same problem. My foot is standing on the pedal so it's hard to feather. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Here is a link of an off-roader that did a review of the sidekick on a trail ride. Pretty much my feelings, this thing is awesome but this issue needs to be fixed.

Glad to hear about the fix to tailgate. I will send some pictures of my LED lights I put on front and also rear. The way the front lays is incredible. It's a bit lower than roof so doesnt get taken off by low branches like my other (massimo from tractor supply). Also rear lights bolt directly to roll bar. Great setup and easy to wire. Plenty of charging power to run them.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #47  
I would have to drive mine a mile or so to get where I need to do any work...So the extra speed would be handy for that. I hate dealing with trailers when I can get around it.
Man00. I really like the way the steering on the sidekick adjusts to the speed. At slow speeds I can turn with my pinky. When I get to higher speeds the power steering is reduced and the steering is not "touchy". This feature is fabulous. I take my sidekick to the local store and drive on roads at 40mph. Feel very safe as it feels like driving a truck. Same with my land when I dare to punch it and feel the thrill of driving fast. Can't take the boy out of the man!

My previous utv was a massimo from Tractor Supply without power steering. One of the biggest reasons I upgraded.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #48  
I test drove an 850 and it definitely "jerks" the crap out of you on take off. I really liked it, but I do a lot of slow stop and go driving through the woods and this was a deal killer for me. I had the same problem with a Ranger XP900. Duraclutch fixed that. Not aware of any fixes for the Kubota. If the "jerk" doesn't bother you, it looks like an excellent machine. Build quality seems better than my Mule and way better than my Ranger.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #49  
Fit and finish on ours is top shelf. Waiting to hear from my dealer on the jerk thing. Next on the agenda is mudflaps, especially on the rear. The tires fling mud everywhere. Michigan mud is gooey.

I did notice the skid pan is a bit on the flimsy side (light gauge). I had to remove it when I ran the cables for the winch. Not impressed with that either.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #50  
I bought a sidekick about 3 months ago. Lioved the gator but the sidekick has been great. Built very well but gets up and goes! Also own a couple polaris Atvs. Use the sidekick to work about 120 acres with trees, hunting etc. Did a lot of research . Wanted something to use as work vehicle but like to open it up on roads and on the trails. Will be happy to give pros and cons. Price was great, 2 year warranty, zero % interest and great experience so far.

Please share the pros and cons!
I have a 23 year old Kawasaki Mule 2510. I am looking for a better ride, (more suspension).
I am considering Kawasaki Mule Pro FX series FX or FXR I don't need tow rows of seats, and Can Am Defender HD8

Will it seat three across?

Can you also provide some measurements?

How high from the ground to the open tailgate? My Mule is 29" I am guess more suspension means higher?

How wide is the seating (side to side) for all seats? My Mule is 42" We SQUEEZE in three at times

How much foot room front to rear to set your right foot ?( I am size 13)
Do the front inner fenders cause foot room problems? Real bad in my Mule. Also it's gas pedal is to the right of the vehicle center line, hard to operate with three aboard.

Thanks!