/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #61
- Sep 24, 2019
- Bastrop Tx
- Kubota L4310 and Kubota Sidekick. (2) Polaris sportsman quad
Please share the pros and cons!
I have a 23 year old Kawasaki Mule 2510. I am looking for a better ride, (more suspension).
I am considering Kawasaki Mule Pro FX series FX or FXR I don't need tow rows of seats, and Can Am Defender HD8
Will it seat three across?
Can you also provide some measurements?
How high from the ground to the open tailgate? My Mule is 29" I am guess more suspension means higher?
How wide is the seating (side to side) for all seats? My Mule is 42" We SQUEEZE in three at times
How much foot room front to rear to set your right foot ?( I am size 13)
Do the front inner fenders cause foot room problems? Real bad in my Mule. Also it's gas pedal is to the right of the vehicle center line, hard to operate with three aboard.
No worries, I wasn't going to measure anyway. Short answers
- youtube video of stoney ridge farmer tests drives one. He's 6'5" and says plenty of room
-its not a 3 seater which was a requirement of mine. It fits 3 in bench seat very easily. Seatbelt in middle can be moved down and out of way.
- very solid build. Large roll tube frame, easy access engine, comes with front solid deer guard with wench mount ready, good storage for lots of tools, flip down windshield straps down so doesnt vibrate and can see over split, VERY easy access panels to everything. I put on front and rear LEDs no problem.
-100 hrs and it's great for work. Throw 300-500 lbs of corn in back and bed stays level, 2" receiver on back which matches all my truck parts.
- pulled 6' drag behind for my new tank (pond for those outside of texas) on side inclines I would never drive with tractor.
- power steering adjusts for your speed. Thought this was a marketing gimmick but is a Great feature. Going slow turns with pinkie. Going 40 down a dirt uneven driveway power steering hardens and sidekick feels very stable.
- jump at low speeds is a problem but I'm getting used to it. Wife or kids get in and they are not. It's not a deal killer but NEEDs to be addressed but according to post above is getting fixed.
- last was price, I really wanted a new deere XUV835. 3 seater awesome utv. But prices with roof, front guard and other equals, mine was about $4k cheaper with 4 yrs zero down and 2 year warranty. I bought extra 2 years for cheap. Polaris good unit but used to or still does have a 90 day warranty for my quads. Not happy with that level.