Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #31  
Many jurisdictions will allow licensing and road use of Japanese mini-trucks. One of those with 4-WD, beefy tires and a dump bed would be great.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #32  
Reading along about top speeds and the dangers involved, the soon to be delivered Sidekick will be roaded anyway. It has to go from the farm to my fields for spraying (just like the quad does now) so a reasonable road speed is needed. 22 in a diesel Kubota or a Gator isn't in the cards, least for me. In the woods, no need to go fast, just because my quad will go 45 don't mean I go 45 in the woods. Same applies to the Sidekick, why they both have transmissions and different gear ratio's.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?
Reading along about top speeds and the dangers involved, the soon to be delivered Sidekick will be roaded anyway. It has to go from the farm to my fields for spraying (just like the quad does now) so a reasonable road speed is needed. 22 in a diesel Kubota or a Gator isn't in the cards, least for me. In the woods, no need to go fast, just because my quad will go 45 don't mean I go 45 in the woods. Same applies to the Sidekick, why they both have transmissions and different gear ratio's.

Has your Sidekick been delivered yet?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #34  
Has your Sidekick been delivered yet?

Sure has, you mean my wife's Sidekick, not mine. She bought it, I was happy with the Honda quad but alas, the quad is sold so I'll just have to get used to this... It scoots too.....

In process of installing a 5000 pound winch and I'll have to fab up a mount for my sprayer too...

Attachments

• Sidekick (4).JPG
    Sidekick (4).JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Sidekick (1).JPG
    Sidekick (1).JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 234
   / Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?
Sure has, you mean my wife's Sidekick, not mine. She bought it, I was happy with the Honda quad but alas, the quad is sold so I'll just have to get used to this... It scoots too.....

In process of installing a 5000 pound winch and I'll have to fab up a mount for my sprayer too...

I want one. What's going on in the back where the hitch is located? Looks like there isn't much ground clearance there?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #36  
I bought a sidekick about 3 months ago. Lioved the gator but the sidekick has been great. Built very well but gets up and goes! Also own a couple polaris Atvs. Use the sidekick to work about 120 acres with trees, hunting etc. Did a lot of research . Wanted something to use as work vehicle but like to open it up on roads and on the trails. Will be happy to give pros and cons. Price was great, 2 year warranty, zero % interest and great experience so far.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #37  
I want one. What's going on in the back where the hitch is located? Looks like there isn't much ground clearance there?

Correct but enough. Been using the back receiver. I just flip the drop shank hitch over. Really prefer it low when pulling the big drag mat anyway and it pulls well. Used to use my Honda Foreman 400 and the drag worked it pretty hard. The Sidekick pulls it like it isn't back there. Very impressed. Sold the Foreman 400 to a good friend with no guilt. It was well maintained and he got a good machine.

Still have not had to use 4wd or low range. Nice buggy. Bought it road legal with everything necessary, horn, turn signals, fold down windshield and inside mirror and of course a SMV triangle. We drive it up town to the diner for lunch all the time.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #38  
I'm also hunting for a forum or user group for sidekick. Would like to discuss issues, accessories and upgrades.

One of my pressing issues is the jumpiness (not sure this is a word but accurate non-the-less) of the sidekick. When backing up or going over rough terrain it's difficult to do these operations smoothly.

Also would like to put on a more aggressive tire and wheel. One, to handle the mud and clay better and, two, fill the fender well with bigger wheel and tire for looks. Any suggestions?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #39  
I'm also hunting for a forum or user group for sidekick. Would like to discuss issues, accessories and upgrades.

One of my pressing issues is the jumpiness (not sure this is a word but accurate non-the-less) of the sidekick. When backing up or going over rough terrain it's difficult to do these operations smoothly.

Also would like to put on a more aggressive tire and wheel. One, to handle the mud and clay better and, two, fill the fender well with bigger wheel and tire for looks. Any suggestions?

It is 'jumpy' in high range, not so much in low range. An effect of the CVT. I suspect as the belt gets worn in a bit, the 'jumpy' issue will vanish.

Far as wheel diameter, a larger wheel / tire will alter the gear ratio's and because it's an electronic controlled engine that might not be a good idea.

Kubota offers 2 tread designs, the 'Worksite' tread pattern (which we have) and ATV bar tread tires. The worksite pattern is much smoother on hardpack and I haven't experienced and traction issues in mud with them. In fact, last mud bath we gave it, I didn't even bother with 4wd.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #40  
The jumpiness is a real issue. When backing up to trailer or trying to move around tight areas, the ability to move slowly and accurately is desperately needed. Typically in low gear. I have 75 hrs on it so not sure when belt will stretch. I have put second spring to add some pounds of pressure on foot. There is no place to rest foot. I've reached out to kubota but no meaningful feedback. Hope they address in future models. Not sure there is a fix but I'll ask.

Ps, I absolutely love the machine. Great manuals, drive experience, built well and fun to drive. Built to do the work I bought it for!