Kubota rim replacement options

/ Kubota rim replacement options #1  

Bikewimp

Tractor
2008 Kubota BX2200
Good day,

My 2008 BX2200 is in need of a new rear rim. one dealer quoted $735 for a rim, mount and turf tire for original parts plus fill with rim guard. I’m not that near them to make it worth the trip.

according to others, Kubota stopped making rims since others can supply them. Aside from the “sacrilege” of mixing colors (humor), do Kioti or JD rims fit on Kubota? Other manufacturers? Are tractor rims standardized like cars where you just need to match a 26x12-12 tire and rim with 5 bolts, and they will fit? The local dealer here dropped kubota for Kioti.

thanks

/ Kubota rim replacement options #2  
What tires do you have on your tractor?

/ Kubota rim replacement options #3  
Good day,

My 2008 BX2200 is in need of a new rear rim. one dealer quoted $735 for a rim, mount and turf tire for original parts plus fill with rim guard. I’m not that near them to make it worth the trip.

according to others, Kubota stopped making rims since others can supply them. Aside from the “sacrilege” of mixing colors (humor), do Kioti or JD rims fit on Kubota? Other manufacturers? Are tractor rims standardized like cars where you just need to match a 26x12-12 tire and rim with 5 bolts, and they will fit? The local dealer here dropped kubota for Kioti.

thanks
Well there are many "standard" 5 bolt patterns in the car world. Tractor bolt patterns are not all the same either. You will need to measure and know what the spacing, center hole size and offset need to be.

Most Common Bolt Patterns​

4 x 130mmVW Beetle, sandrails, buggies, and UTVs
5 x 135mm'97-'04 Ford F-150 and Expedition
5 x 205mmVW Beetle, sandrails, buggies, and UTVs
5 x 4.5" (114.3mm)Very common bolt pattern for cars and SUVs
5 x 5" (127mm)Used on some SUVs and smaller trucks
5 x 5.5" (139.7mm)Dodge, Ford, and Jeep mid-size vehicles
6 x 135mm'04 and newer Ford F-150 and Expedition
6 x 4.5" (114.3mm)Popular Dodge and Nissan trucks and SUVs
6 x 5.5" (139.7mm)Many import and domestic trucks and SUVs
8 x 6.5"Ford, GM, and Dodge full size trucks and SUVs
8 x 170mm'99 and newer Ford Super Duty trucks

Last edited:
   / Kubota rim replacement options #4  
BTW I'm pretty sure the BX is 5*4.5 bolt pattern on the rear.

/ Kubota rim replacement options #5  
Titan wheel makes all Kubota rims now and has for some time. If your tractor has front wheel assist, the front and rear tires have to match in lead lag ratio or you'll destroy the front wheel assist feature.

/ Kubota rim replacement options #6  
Check with your dealership about ordering rims with tires on them thru the whole goods ordering process (not the parts counter). I replaced all four rims and tires using this process for a 2007 BX23 for less than $600 canadian about 5 years ago.

/ Kubota rim replacement options #7  
Just replace the whole tractor. :)

/ Kubota rim replacement options #8  
Call Wenger Systems 717-656-9876 in New Holland, PA.
He has 3 acres of used & new tractor rims. Also sells michelin & BKT tires.
Probably the most knowledgeable equipment rim & tire person you will ever know.

/ Kubota rim replacement options #9  
What’s wrong with your old rim?