Kubota offering online parts

/ Kubota offering online parts #11  
The Cummins powered M8 is made by Versatile in Winnipeg Canada.

Interestingly Versatile was just in the news, looking for someone to buy them. No real details, but they were bought years ago by Russia and they made some board changes after the war in Ukraine started.
Wonder if Kubota will step in there too? Seeing as how they made that deal for Versatile to supply their big tractors.

I kinda wish Ford would buy them back again, LOL But that will never happen.

/ Kubota offering online parts #12  

Interestingly Versatile was just in the news, looking for someone to buy them. No real details, but they were bought years ago by Russia and they made some board changes after the war in Ukraine started.
Wonder if Kubota will step in there too? Seeing as how they made that deal for Versatile to supply their big tractors.

I would love to own a Versatile. You get a 6.7L or an L9 Cummins :)
The Russian ownership thing kinda scares me. LOL
The Kubota M7’s are built in France, or at least the ones I looked at were.

Cummins really got lost from tractors when the Italians took CNH. Ivecos went under the hoods. I’m sure they are a good engine, but they just don’t have that signature Cummins appeal.

IMO, Case-IH and New Hollands apexed in appeal to American farmers when they were using 5.9/6.7/8.3L Cummins in them In the early 2000’s.

Love the Magnums, Maxxums and the New Holland TG series.

Last edited:
   / Kubota offering online parts #13  
I would love to own a Versatile. You get a 6.7L or an L9 Cummins :)
The Russian ownership thing kinda scares me. LOL
The Kubota M7’s are built in France, or at least the ones I looked at were.
Yes, M7 made in France. Kubota engines. I think only vendor part is the CVT transmission in them, I think it is ZF?

Yes, Buhler Versatile never gave any reasons for this decision, but I would think it is to try and distance themselves from being all Russian to stay neutral?
To date they haven't been hit with any sanctions but they did make the news with this:

Konstantin Babkin has resigned as a director of Winnipeg-based farm machinery manufacturer Buhler Industries after making at least two public statements in support of Russia's invasion of Ukraine

/ Kubota offering online parts #14  
Canadian site is just as bad. They never update it. Still doesn't even have the new LX models on there.
Only thing they ever seem to update is the constantly rising prices.
That is inflation (rising prices) more than anything else. Website is terrible anyway.

/ Kubota offering online parts #15  
Kubota is becoming extremely proud of their new tractors and parts. Pretty soon, they will go from Orange to Green...
Who isn't?

/ Kubota offering online parts #17  
The other day, I went on the Kubota website and frankly, I'm not impressed at all. Very hard to 'navigate'. Whoever they 'paid' to build that should be terminated.
I do not like the website either but I do bypass cookies and things still work.

/ Kubota offering online parts #19  

Agreed.

Kubota could be interested but Ford is out of the tractor business permanently.

/ Kubota offering online parts #20  
IMO, Kubota got too big and spread themselves out too thin. They partnered with Landpride. OK that kind of makes sense. Then they make Knvernland a subsidiary, who buys ROC, to get a share of the hay equipment market. Then their 150+ HP tractors look different, almost subcontracted, and have non-Kubota diesel engines and they are built in France. OK that’s a stretch, but if they are well built, I guess that’s ok.

The problem is, they are spreading themselves out into everything. Next think you know they’ll be at Davos or advertising during the Super Bowl or selling stuff at Lowes. Lol

They are the classic story of a once very good company that goes mega-global and loses sight of their original mission.
Or sometimes large companies begin to decline when the original group that made them successful begin to retire. Whether mega-global or aging, they seem to quit doing what makes them special in the first place and simply become one of the masses.

For a corporation to age into mediocrity is so common that you'd think a few of them would figure out how to continue being successful with the policies that made them that way in the first place. They coud let society change around them instead of letting it change them.

That is such a simple inexpensive solution that there must be a few examples of companies who work that way.... I just can't seem to think of one this morning. It's easy to think of plenty of ones who went the othe way, though.

rScotty