Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out..

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #21  
I put 8 quarts in and it is at the top of the dipstick full level. My manual says it holds 10 quarts. I changed the filter also. This has to be a typo in the manual. What are your experiences with the 5200 or the 5800?

My MX5100 takes 8 qts.

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #22  
Kubota is very vague about fill capacities on all their machines, mine included. Just use the dipstick and fill accordingly Mine calls for 12 quarts and it holds 13.5 with the filter on one machine, the other identical machine but 2 years older holds 12.5 quarts. I just go by the dipstick. Same with the hydraulic fluid level.

Where does the fluid go? One source of discrepancy.

If the hydraulic fluid is between the marks on the dipstick before I de-mount the backhoe, the dipstick will be dry after the BH is off. I knew I lost an ounce or two disconnecting the hoses, but the first time I was consternated. Then I realized that an extended cylinder holds more fluid than a retracted cylinder owing to the displacement of the rod. When de-mounted the stabilizer and boom cylinders are extended versus their position in the mounted, travel position.

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #23  
on an MX5200 you have to drain both sides of oil pan if 4x4. The drive shaft runs between the two sides of the oil pan. You should see a drain plug directly opposite of the other drain plug.

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #24  
How did this ever end up? It doesn't sound possible that 2 quarts could have hung up in the engine.

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #26  
go by the dipstick. lots of those specs are for factory dry fill. once fluid & filter changed, the dipstick tells the story. no need to stress....

/ Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #27  
Most everything I own is like this. Including my Kubota.

I just fill it until it reaches the appropriate markings on the dipstick.

I also try to make it a habit of checking fluids before starting a machine -- especially one that has sat for a week or more.

I even check the fluids in all my vehicles every 3 days or so.

It's also interesting to note the color of the fluids too. My experience with the Kubota MX5200 was positive, despite a little confusion with the oil change. I read the book and it says that 8 liters is enough to fill. I even had to find marketing assignment help for college, used https://essays.edubirdie.com/marketing-assignment-help for that. Since I couldn't find the problem for a long time. It took me a lot of time and even days.
It is important to check the liquid, this is correct!

Last edited:
   / Kubota mx5200 first oil change. Book says 10 quarts, 6.75 came out.. #28  
As an FYI, as long as the transmission fluid level is just below the lower edge of the PTO output shaft on any Kubota (sitting on a level pad), the level is fine.
That is absolute BS. Several Kubotas run their hydraulic oil levels above the PTO shaft.
If you do not know the facts, why do you continue to spew your misinformation????????