Kubota M9000HDC

/ Kubota M9000HDC #21  
5030 - In another thread, you wrote glowingly about your M9000. I researched, and found them to have good reviews. So, I bought one last week. Thanks for your good and public input.
You will too, just take care of it and it will take care of you...

I have had excellent service from both of mine and I'd buy another if they were still made. Really bullet proof if you maintain them and the pre 4's are simple to work on as well compared to the electronic crap made today. Like I said elsewhere the only thing I've replaced on either is the spline couplers on the front drive shaft, that and my open station has a leaking outboard but I have the O ring and seal when I get to it.

I tend to have my dealer do that stuff actually. The older I get, the less I like wrenching on them.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #22  
Both of mine are sort of 'black sheep' units. The cab unit has the optional creep gears and the really rare 1000 rpm 21 spline pto that is never found on them. I use the 1000 pto to run my grain leg. It's a flip shaft setup, and the other one has the also rare down exhaust which I kind of like as there is no exhaust stack in the hood to look at.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #23  
Shopdave - apologies if this is highjacking your thread - it's kind of related.
Mine is open station, has the down exhaust, and three rear remotes, 3200 hours.
Getting back to Shopdave's question - look for exhaust tape, JB Weld, etc. There must be some way to save that muffler without laying out such a large sum of money.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #24  
The down exhaust with the hood blanking plug is very rare. Usually sold to dairy farmers. If either of my muffs pooped out (highly unlikely), I'd pay a visit to a muffler shop with a tube bender and get a pipe bent up to fit.