Kubota M9000HDC

/ Kubota M9000HDC #1  

Shopdave

Tractor
Kubota M9000 Hydraulic Shuttle 4wd cab
I just purchased a used M9000HDC. First thing, Muffler is shot. Does anyone have a line on an aftermarket muffler? I’ve found mufflers for M6800 HDC,they look similar, but not for M9000HDC. The dealer wants like $953 for a muffler. I’ve even considered having a fab shop repair mine. I am preparing to do all fluids and filters change. Should I go back with the Kubota full synthetic hydraulic fluid? Just curious if that would be a good idea on an older tractor, and if it would make leaks worse? Also what else should I be looking at on this tractor? Thanks

/ Kubota M9000HDC #2  
I just purchased a used M9000HDC. First thing, Muffler is shot. Does anyone have a line on an aftermarket muffler? I’ve found mufflers for M6800 HDC,they look similar, but not for M9000HDC. The dealer wants like $953 for a muffler. I’ve even considered having a fab shop repair mine. I am preparing to do all fluids and filters change. Should I go back with the Kubota full synthetic hydraulic fluid? Just curious if that would be a good idea on an older tractor, and if it would make leaks worse? Also what else should I be looking at on this tractor? Thanks

Not sure where you are located but Messicks has muffler listed at $608. Might also be able to have a muffler shop modify a new muffler to fit. Regarding fluid and filters I would definitely stick with Kubota filters but fluid depends on location and what temperature you are operating at.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #3  
Gee, I have 2 of them (see my signature pic, a HDCC3 and an HDC. Mine are 2002 and 2004 and I haven't had any muffler corrosion what so ever. Strange.

If I were you, I'd forget about the muffler and get a pipe bent to fit. I has a turbo and it won't be loud so forego the muff entirely.

You need to do a COMPLETE filter change, the 2 hydraulic filters under the right rear wheel, the spin on fuel filter, the sediment filter in the clear bowl (in front of the spin on filter), the oil filter (on the right lower side of the engine) as well as the primary air filter inside the air filter housing.

I would also change the anti freeze. The M9's have no radiator drain, you have to release the lower rad hose clamp and drain it that way.

Possibly change the gear case oil (depending on how it looks, dirty or not) and the front axle lube (if it's a FWA unit). Don't use cheap Tractor supply hydraulic oil either, Kubota's don't like that junk and it will cause issues down the road, use something compatible with Kubota's spec for UDT. Front axle can also have it inside but I use 85-140 gear oil myself.

In the crankcase I use Shell Rotella T6 but that is your call as any diesel rated oil will do. I have over 6000 hours on one and 4000 hours on the other and no issues (other than routine stuff) on either and I farm with mine. Bought them both new and neither are for sale either.

You can find Kubota shop manuals and owners manuals (if you don't have them) online at Kubotabooks

Here are the 2 brothers...

Attachments

• 100_0010 (1).JPG
    100_0010 (1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
   / Kubota M9000HDC #5  
I am curious about the year and the meter hours and of course if it's a gear drive manual clutch or hydraulic shuttle and is it a cab model or open station? Both are very similar mechanically.

Not too many on here (this forum) even though they were one of the most popular large frame tractors that Kubota ever made. Guess that is because they are more of a utility ag unit than a small tractor.

/ Kubota M9000HDC
My tractor is a Hydraulic Shuttle cab tractor. It has the Quicke Q940 loader. The loader arms actually cover the frame rails where serial number is. From what I have read, it’s between 2003 and 2005. The hours are approaching 2000. I bought from an older gentleman that bought it new and used it for doing his own hay. I’m thinking possibly exhaust stack at some point may have been bent. The muffler actually still looks good, but elbow that turns up is broke. After pricing complete muffler, I’m gonna try to repair. From what I can tell it’s mechanically good. He kept oil and filters changed himself. I was happy to see air filters looked good. I’m a heavy truck mechanic by trade. I know first hand what happens when an air filter comes apart on a diesel. It has original tires on the rear. They are ready for replacement. Inside cab is reasonably clean with exception of seat bottom. It needs a little TLC. Paint is faded. I would love to paint it. I actually was looking for a 50 to 75hp 4 wd with loader. A buddy has a M6800 he bought new. He said you better buy this or you will forever regret it. Thanks for all the replies. I am still trying to figure out what I’ve bought and what I need to do to it. I just ordered a Service Manual. He the Twins look Great!

Attachments

• EE8AE8E1-83F1-439B-8FF8-ACF77D98C211.jpeg
    EE8AE8E1-83F1-439B-8FF8-ACF77D98C211.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
  • F829F640-CE10-4319-9601-EEFA78C7D9FA.jpeg
    F829F640-CE10-4319-9601-EEFA78C7D9FA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
   / Kubota M9000HDC #7  
Not overly impressed with any loader but the OEM Kubota actually. Far as tires go, you better be sitting down when you price them, I just replaced the front and rears on my open station and it was just north of 5 grand. I replaced both the front and rear because the 'lead-lag' ratio on a FWA tractor is critical and you mess that up, you'll have driveline issues.

I don't care who owned it or what they changed (fluids or filters), I'd change EVERYTHING again to establish a a maintenance baseline for myself. Never seen ANY air filter come apart on any diesel but I've seen them clogged up. I own a Class 8 tractor and grain trailer (International Eagle conventional with a 3406 and 13 speed with a Timpte hopper bottom).

Both mine are faded, don't attempt to paint it as the orange color is in the plastic fenders. You could paint the hood and front guard but that is about it. 'Mary Kay Pink' is what all Kubota's eventually become. Enjoy it..

2000 hours is nothing on a VTE engine if maintained properly. I'm at 6 on one of mine with zero issues and mine get worked hard.

You could have downloaded a Service Manual and owners manual for free on Kubotabooks. I did, not that I need it as I have no issues with mine plus I have an excellent dealer close by, they even deliver any filters or stuff I need right to the farm.

I'd wager he bent the stack by moving a round bale in the bucket and it rolled back on the stack. I don't do that, I use a round bale spear.

My open station has the optional and rare down exhaust pipe so no stack on it at all. The down pipe was offered for dairy farmers where overhead clearance was an issue. I prefer it actually.

Does the AC work? If not you can PM me as repairing it and maintaining it is quite involved. I prefer not to get into that on the forum.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #8  
   / Kubota M9000HDC #9  

Looks like it's hydraulic shuttle from the photos? I'd use Kubota oils and filters only for that.

With the turbo and cab I think straight pipe would be fine.

/ Kubota M9000HDC #10  
It's sort of the OEM loader anyways. Loaders like the Alo 940 were sold in Kubota orange with Kubota decals and serial plate in some markets. 900 series were self levelling and 700 non self levelling.

Here's an M940 loader on an M105.

Not really but I won't argue. Kubota makes their own loaders, not Quickie. Least not in my market. Mine were built in Georgia. 105 and an M9 are 2 entirely different units.