Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #61  
Below is the reply I gave a few posts earlier. I believe you could improve your ride with the addition of weights on the rear wheels. Adding a rear implement as a test won't work because it simply adds to the "rocking" problem I mentioned in my post. Again, I don't know about the narrow models but this did noticeably improve the ride on the larger M7040 and 6040 models. Maybe there is some way you could test out some rear weights on the back of yours? Just a thought.

I have ridden in some regular width Kubotas and I have come to believe it's the misbalance of weight coupled with the short wheelbase. In one case of an M7040 the addition of 4 rear weights total in addition to the cast wheel centers made a dramatic improvement. Prior to that the dipping and rising as the tractor "rocked" front to back was pronounced. Afterwards it was pretty much eliminated and the ride was much better. I believe their tractors--the utility ones--are too light in the rear. The bigger ag versions rode smooth.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review
These are a few simple modifications I've made. The mirror I use a lot as I'm on the road often. The bottle holder is nice as this tractor had no other place for drinks. The phone mount is placed so I can plug into the radio and it still is attached to the 12v plug so my phone is always charged and is hands free. The glove is my temporary fix for that lever constantly rattling. I need to remount the tool box still to fix that rattle.

ForumRunner_20130702_132757.png

ForumRunner_20130702_133015.png

ForumRunner_20130702_133053.png

ForumRunner_20130702_132729.png

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #63  
Where did you get the mirror and how does it mount. I have exterior mirrors on our tractors, but it seems they get knocked out of adjustment at the worst times.

Where did you get the mirror and how does it mount. I have exterior mirrors on our tractors, but it seems they get knocked out of adjustment at the worst times.

I found it on Amazon.com looking at utv mirrors. I bought longer bolts that hold the liner to the frame and mounted a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate with spacers to the frame and the mirror mounts to that.

ForumRunner_20130702_153235.png

Well I wired up my monitor and controller for my New Holland 575 baler and am going to try it tomorrow. I bale slow so hopefully the Kubota will be up to the task. The flies are biting and I'd rather be in the cab then fighting those stupid pests :-(

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #66  
I found it on Amazon.com looking at utv mirrors. I bought longer bolts that hold the liner to the frame and mounted a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate with spacers to the frame and the mirror mounts to that.

View attachment 325613

Thanks, I will look into it, I may get one for my L5740 too. I am waiting on an install on a Grammar Air Ride seat for the L which has a cb similar to your 8540 Narrow I think.

ForumRunner_20130713_183011.png

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #68  
How much did you get in? We got ~80 bales baled, 2-400 more are in windrows, but were at 20-30% moisture when we baled, so we didn't bale them. Hope to get them in on Monday. Cut the last field tonight (should be another 4-500 bales) and hope to bale it on Tuesday.

Aaron Z

How much did you get in? We got ~80 bales baled, 2-400 more are in windrows, but were at 20-30% moisture when we baled, so we didn't bale them. Hope to get them in on Monday. Cut the last field tonight (should be another 4-500 bales) and hope to bale it on Tuesday.

Aaron Z

700 today, have around 1200 to do tomorrow.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #70  
700 today, have around 1200 to do tomorrow.
Thats a bunch...
I'm curious how you check the moisture content in your bales when doing that many. Our method of using a hand held probe probbaly wouldn't work very efficiently with that many bales.

Aaron Z