Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #41  
I've got just over 80 hours on mine, mostly just blowing snow this winter. Love the cab and the sightlines I think are alot better then the narrow deeres. the air seat is great too, haven't ran a speed sprayer or mower on it yet, blowing snow it was pretty good on fuel. We did put a grill on the front and about 300 pounds on for weight, its pretty light. So far so good, I'm happy with it, this spring will tell how much happier we get about it once it goes to work hard.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #42  
how much did the air ride cost?

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #43  
how much did the air ride cost?
Pretty close to $1000, installed. If you use yours as much as I do its money well spent!

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review
I have just over 200 hours on it now and there is nothing new to really report. It is still rough at any task over 2.5-3mph but I'm just getting use to dealing with those situations. It runs great but is still loud in the cab at PTO speed. I'm actually considering using hearing protection in the cab to muffle the noise and hopefully keep me from getting headaches after 4 hours in there.

I need to look into building a spacer for the air suspension seat as it drops too low for myself to be comfortable so I am running with more pressure then I want just so I am sitting at the proper height I'm comfortable with.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #45  
I've been working this tractor hard the last month, spraying, chopping brush and mowing, tomorrow it will flip over 200 hours. Still love the sightlines and the cab overall over my old Deere narrow. I think personally its pretty good on fuel too especially running at PTO speed all day. Started using the BiSpeed lately alot mowing and spreading fertilizer too. its a handy thing to have if you've got narrow plantings. I will agree it is a bit rough with bigger stuff hooked on the back especially. Only problem so far is my radio is on the fritz so the dealer has to come good for that.

I've been working this tractor hard the last month, spraying, chopping brush and mowing, tomorrow it will flip over 200 hours. Still love the sightlines and the cab overall over my old Deere narrow. I think personally its pretty good on fuel too especially running at PTO speed all day. Started using the BiSpeed lately alot mowing and spreading fertilizer too. its a handy thing to have if you've got narrow plantings. I will agree it is a bit rough with bigger stuff hooked on the back especially. Only problem so far is my radio is on the fritz so the dealer has to come good for that.

I wish I had listened to others on here and bought my own. The radio that came with the tractor isn't worth the price. The speakers are not very good either.

I do like the cab but wish it was more refined. As I'm sure you have noticed, there is room for improvement. Kubota could have a spectacular tractor for the fruit industry here with a little more work.

The main reason I bought this tractor was for a roomy cab because of my back issues. I need to be able to shift and stretch to keep from hurting. That was why I was so disappointed with how rough it is. I'm having to run slower than I want just so I don't hurt as bad at the end of the day. Of course it makes it easier to justify a two row sprayer just so I'm not in it quite as long.

I'm glad yours is working well for you. I hope to continue tweaking mine till I get it to a smoother ride. My vineyards are smooth, there is no reason I can't run faster than 3mph for most of my jobs.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #47  
i dont believe i have the rough riding issue on mine, my agrokid is much smoother but the kubota is ok. I should mention that I am using ags on both front and rear. spraying with booms at around 8kmph is quite smooth, i havent really tried going faster than that though. you really have to slow down when using bi speed otherwise, the tractor jumps a lot. i find it much more comfortable if you use the seat belt. so far i have pulled a pull blast sprayer, boom sprayer, fertilizer spreader, discs, chisel plow and rotary mower. how smooth are your 3pt hitches when they are travelling down? when i set the 3pt speed on high with a fertilizer spreader on the back, the tractor jumps a lot when your are lowering it by small increments. is that normal for tractor with external hydraulics for the 3pt?

i dont believe i have the rough riding issue on mine, my agrokid is much smoother but the kubota is ok. I should mention that I am using ags on both front and rear. spraying with booms at around 8kmph is quite smooth, i havent really tried going faster than that though. you really have to slow down when using bi speed otherwise, the tractor jumps a lot. i find it much more comfortable if you use the seat belt. so far i have pulled a pull blast sprayer, boom sprayer, fertilizer spreader, discs, chisel plow and rotary mower. how smooth are your 3pt hitches when they are travelling down? when i set the 3pt speed on high with a fertilizer spreader on the back, the tractor jumps a lot when your are lowering it by small increments. is that normal for tractor with external hydraulics for the 3pt?

I'm running ags as well. Fronts are bias and the rears are radials. I'm not sure why Kubota went with that setup instead of radials all around.

I've used the bispeed but not at anything over 3mph. I know if you are going very slow the bispeed jumps hard when it engages and you will turn it off quickly as it will rock the tractor.

I haven't noticed the 3pt issue but then again I'm so use to the tractor being rough I probably wouldn't notice. I'll try and check next time I have a 3pt implement on it.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #49  
Interestingly, our M9540 (not narrow) is our roughest riding tractor too. I think it's due to the overall light weight and short wheelbase. Put something heavy behind it like a 15' batwing bush hog and it will wear you out by the end of the day.

/ Kubota M8540 Narrow 50 hour review #50  
I meant that i have radial ags on both the front and rear, your tractor might be rough riding because of the different tires?
I'm running ags as well. Fronts are bias and the rears are radials. I'm not sure why Kubota went with that setup instead of radials all around.

I've used the bispeed but not at anything over 3mph. I know if you are going very slow the bispeed jumps hard when it engages and you will turn it off quickly as it will rock the tractor.

I haven't noticed the 3pt issue but then again I'm so use to the tractor being rough I probably wouldn't notice. I'll try and check next time I have a 3pt implement on it.