Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics
I'm an optimist. I've never heard of a hydraulic pump failure on these tractors. And, because you lost movement and 3pt/remote hydraulics at the same time it seems to be a "system" failure. I'm still hoping we can find a cheap solution.

Thank you very much for staying with us on this issue. Very common here on TBN to see a new member post a question and then never hear from them again. Hopefully you will keep us informed of progress. (y)
Thanks ovrszd, plan on hanging around even after problem solved. This forum was unknown to be until I did a little googling. Im hoping it is something fairly simple but everything I know was passed on to me by my son. Tractor is miles away at a small farm I have along with a JD tractor. I am going in a few days and taking all new oil and filters and change myself and investigate /troubleshoot myself. Tell me, will the FEL auto level failure cause this symptom ?

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #22  
Thanks ovrszd, plan on hanging around even after problem solved. This forum was unknown to be until I did a little googling. Im hoping it is something fairly simple but everything I know was passed on to me by my son. Tractor is miles away at a small farm I have along with a JD tractor. I am going in a few days and taking all new oil and filters and change myself and investigate /troubleshoot myself. Tell me, will the FEL auto level failure cause this symptom ?
Shouldn't. To do so it would have to completely bypass and dump all output of the pump. I don't think that's possible.

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics
Finally got time to get to the tractor. I was assuming pump failure so I went ahead and removed RR tire and blocked under rear housing. One of the first thing I noticed after removing filters was a loose bolt on flange of suction line going to pump. Regardless I felt the need to remove and inspect pump and I did so and pump looked fine. I put oil into a shallow pan and put pump into oil completly covering suction tube and spun the pump and oil flowed freely from botrh discharge ports. I put a mark on internal gear inside housing and bumped starter over and checked gear and it had moved over half rotation, now I'm feeling a little better. Put all back together installed newe filters and new oil. Started up and now I have power steering, I know earlier I stated I had separate steering pump but had confused with other tractor. Now I don't have any lift at rear nor pto movement and I had removed FEL before starting this job . Now I'm looking a little deeper and it appears someone has been tinkering with this tractor while I was away for a couple of weeks. Appears the relief valves for both FEL and the rear lift and pto have been backed out almost all the way. Will get guage and coupling when I return next weekend and see what I have now . Sorry for the long post but thats where I am presently .

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #24  
Wondering what the final outcome was? Was it indeed someone tinkering with the relief valves?
I suspect that might have been the last person to run it, bad as I hate to say it! Find something they want to lift and it won't lift it, so you attempt to make it lift it!
David from jax

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #25  
Welcome to this forum
It appears DJM1591 hasn't been on this forum since March 25, 2023
Screenshot 2024-04-10 065035.png

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #26  
When checking easy things did you install new hyd filters?
Have had the steering and trans go away because of filters oil was good but he did not ever change filters

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #27  
Thanks for updating your thread. I guess tractor owner learned regularly changing hyd filters is very important maintenance.

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Utility Tractor Hydraulics #28  
I have replace quite a few of these
Shafts have sheared gears disintegrated. Not cheap either I have both pumps used, they are for a m9000 but I am pretty sure same thing let me know