Kubota L45 Valve

/ Kubota L45 Valve #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
The 3rd function valve messed up again I told myself if it did it again I was replacing it with a new one, but I didn't! While using my hydraulic sickle bar the other day my 3rd function valve stuck on. since it was on I just finished what I was doing but the rest of the tractor hydraulics kept getting more and more sluggish to the point I could not even operate the back hoe. So we loaded up and went home after getting the valve off and torn apart I found two pieces of rubber in the valve spool they look like pieces of a seal. Put it all back together and it works fine. The sickle bar has a diverter valve on it and I am thinking that maybe that valve is having a come apart and that is where the pieces came from since I very seldom use the sickle bar I have plenty of time to take the valve apart. It's amazing how such a small piece of foreign material can shut down a backhoe. 20220716_193445.jpg20220717_080319.jpg20220717_081724.jpg

/ Kubota L45 Valve
:unsure: was it something I said?

/ Kubota L45 Valve #3  
:unsure: was it something I said?

Were you wondering why no replies? I don't know either, but somehow I completely missed the original posting. It's the sort of thing I'd normally notice being Kubota TLB and hydraulics.
Our M59 has a third function valve and I've never looked at mine - or for that matter even used it. But the valve itself could be real similar or even the same. So thanks for the complete report and I'll definitely keep your post in my directory of tractor notes.

I wonder why the rest of the tractor hydraulics were becoming sluggish? What is your thought there?

Uh.... hydraulic sickle bar? I've never even seen one of those. Got photos?

rScotty

/ Kubota L45 Valve #5  
Here is a 3pt boom mounted hydraulic sickle bar for reference. The OP's one is most likely different as it goes on the loader but same principle.

1658337476002.png

/ Kubota L45 Valve
Pictures

Attachments

• skid steer sickle mower (5).jpg
    skid steer sickle mower (5).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 253
  • skid steer sickle mower (2).jpg
    skid steer sickle mower (2).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 314

/ Kubota L45 Valve
That is a picture of it mounted on a skid steer not on my Kubota

/ Kubota L45 Valve
Were you wondering why no replies? I don't know either, but somehow I completely missed the original posting. It's the sort of thing I'd normally notice being Kubota TLB and hydraulics.
Our M59 has a third function valve and I've never looked at mine - or for that matter even used it. But the valve itself could be real similar or even the same. So thanks for the complete report and I'll definitely keep your post in my directory of tractor notes.

I wonder why the rest of the tractor hydraulics were becoming sluggish? What is your thought there?

Uh.... hydraulic sickle bar? I've never even seen one of those. Got photos?

rScotty
rScotty, I believe it uses the PB port and the trash was not letting the spool go back to center.

/ Kubota L45 Valve #9  
Woody,

I had similar situation with the bucket on my M59 backhoe. Power out and away was fine but absolutely no curl in power. Bucket would curl slowly and I could open it by pushing on it by hand. Took spool valve apart and found a minute spec of dirt under the overload bypass valve seat on the curl in side of spool valve.

It is amazing how little the spec has to be when it is in the wrong spot. A good reason to avoid teflon tape on hydraulic fittings and have clean hands/ clean work space when working on hydraulic parts.

Your post didn't show up, to me, until just now.

/ Kubota L45 Valve
This the second time this has happened to me, the first time was hard to figure out but this time I knew just what to do. That's why we all share our experiences on TBN I know I have learned a lot reading about someone else misfortune.