Kubota L3901

/ Kubota L3901 #1  

Chilly807

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400DT
I dropped in to my Kubota dealer today (they were closed, which makes it a perfect day to walk around and look). I noticed a new model tractor, the L3901. From what I found on Kubota Canada website, it's the replacement for the L3800. Roughly the same horsepower, the frame looks identical. The difference is in the engine from what I can see. Common rail injection system with electronic injectors, diesel particulate filter and a few other changes, including a fuel filter tucked up out of harm's way (finally!)

It'll be interesting once a few people here get them to see how they compare in both function and price to the older generation of economy L's.

Sean

/ Kubota L3901 #3  
3pt hitch?

/ Kubota L3901 #4  
Left foot brakes?

/ Kubota L3901 #6  
It has a couple more PTO horsepower, and weighs 178 more lbs (probably the tier 4 stuff). Fuel tank is a little larger. 3pt lift rating is the same. The companions are the 3301 and 4701.. Instead of 3200 and 4600. The DT model has a synchro shuttle lever on the left side of seat. The seat is supposedly upgraded to a more comfortable suspension seat. Dash has been upgraded.

/ Kubota L3901 #7  
Sean, did your L3400 key still fit the new one:D

/ Kubota L3901
Now that's an interesting question.. can't say as I tried it! About the only changes I noticed on the dash were a couple extra lights for the DPF regen cycle, all in all it was very similar to the L3800.

I actually spent more time in the cab of a new 5460.. I hate to admit it, but winter is getting to me, we're starting to consider getting something with a cab and heat. I liked the 5460, I doubt I'll feel the same way about the price though.

Sean

/ Kubota L3901 #9  
Now that's an interesting question.. can't say as I tried it! About the only changes I noticed on the dash were a couple extra lights for the DPF regen cycle, all in all it was very similar to the L3800.

I actually spent more time in the cab of a new 5460.. I hate to admit it, but winter is getting to me, we're starting to consider getting something with a cab and heat. I liked the 5460, I doubt I'll feel the same way about the price though.

Sean

OMG Sean.. don't go over to the dark side!... :D
Tell you what, this winter has made a "cab believer" out of of a lot of guys.
There were a couple of days, even down here when I would look outside at all the white stuff, and "wish I had a cab".. when the temp is in the low teens, with a wind blowing, plowing snow is not a lot of fun. Fortunately we don't have anything like what you guys have had for snow this year.. I can understand why you would look longingly at a cab. You are not the first one to do so. :)

/ Kubota L3901 #10  

Sean

Lots of us have gone down that road; went looking for an open station and brought home a cab. No doubt the price is going to be a shocker at first, but for a lot of us well worth it. I live even further south than James and went over to cabs a few years ago.