Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #1  

Restoregrets

Tractor
Massey 35
Hello everyone,

So a good mate of mines getting rid of his Kubota, the story is that he was using it, it started to become smokey. He then drove it for Abit, before he turned it off and left it for about a week.

Come yesterday, he's tried to start it and it struggled and struggled and didn't go.

Today he tried again, however this time the engines fully stuck.

He's offered to sell it to me for 1-1500 aud (around 500-1000 American $). Considering it's a L295, aswell as the loader and being 4wd I'm heavily considering it. However I don't want to buy something that's totally written off.

I don't mind rebuilding it, however I do need to find more about parts availablity, And the cost, since if it totals 5-6K then there's no point.

So is it repairable or more likely a write-off and if anyone knows, what's the parts/support situation like for these older Kubotas

I'll try and grab some photos tomorrow if possible

Last edited:
   / Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #2  
I'd go for it, but I have the time and experience to pull off a rebuild. If you have to farm out the work you're probably better off finding a good working machine.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #3  
I rebuilt my father's L235 (1982 model) about six or seven years ago. The parts (bearings, piston rings, seals, injectors, etc.) were still available from Kubota at that point. It might be worth seeing whether you can get the parts before you buy the tractor, but it was fairly easy to do the rebuild. I would also recommend getting a copy of the Kubota service manual, as they have some good procedures for disassembly.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #5  
What model Kubota is it?

You have BOTH L245 and L295 in your opening.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?
I'd go for it, but I have the time and experience to pull off a rebuild. If you have to farm out the work you're probably better off finding a good working machine.
Definitely going to do a rebuild myself, was just wondering if it's even possible lol

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?
I rebuilt my father's L235 (1982 model) about six or seven years ago. The parts (bearings, piston rings, seals, injectors, etc.) were still available from Kubota at that point. It might be worth seeing whether you can get the parts before you buy the tractor, but it was fairly easy to do the rebuild. I would also recommend getting a copy of the Kubota service manual, as they have some good procedures for disassembly.
I'm going to spend the next few days calling around about it. There's a fairly big dealership 30 mins away, who always do old equipment so I'll see what they can do

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #9  
Buy it ASAP, before someone else does. If you cann,t get parts, or it is to expensive to fix, like others said, part it out.