Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?
Another thing I'll add; often times a parts listing will show it fits a L245 (for some reason I think they where a lot more common than the 285/295/305/345/355) but if you check, sometimes the part number is identical and fits. Looks like engine rebuild kits are available for about $550 on ebay/Amazon, ect; but I think I would pull the glow plugs, and put some diesel/atf in cylinders and gently rock it.

Don't know about the 295, but the 285 and 245s Had to use glow plugs, and a strong battery, or they wouldn't start, even on a 90 degree day. Once(if) you can free it up, check glow plug function,
Ah thankyou, yeah we had an old Deere at work that would absolutely refuse to start most days. So I understand what you mean with the glow plugs. I think he has all the manuals and workshop stuff with it, so I might be able to look through them

Are you capable of disassembling the engine and putting it back together? You’d run up a bill that exceeds its value quickly if you’re paying a mechanic.
Thankfully yes, I've done a fair few teardowns before. Just never one on a Kubota before

I dealt with the local dealer extensively when I rebuilt my L175 - except for hoses and hydraulic piston rebuilds.

The point I was trying to make on Messicks, is they are a quick resource guide I use to figure out the internal parts etc. and for the OP in AU to see what parts are currently available as a quick check - if they stock them here, likely they are accessible in AU.
My personal experience is ordering parts from the USA, shipping them to here is still cheaper than buying domestically lol. So as long as messicks ships to aus I'm good as gold

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #24  
I might have missed it, so did you buy it yet ?

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #26  
Not yet as it's a 4+ hour drive, and we have storms for the next week or so forecasted (which means road closure and general issues). I should be going to inspect around the 20th if all goes well
For $900 USD, I would 100% buy it. Now, I wouldn't do a full restoration, but get it running, even if that's a bit of money, but around here, a loader, 4x4, gonna be worth min $4k.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #27  
I wouldn't pay more than I'd get for it selling as scrap metal

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #29  
Well, the loader and tires should sell for atleast $1500 combined
"should" and "worth" mean nothing until you have cash in hand. I personally wouldn't pay $1500 for 40 year old tires.

Come to think of it I have old tires kicking around, want to buy some?

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #30  
"should" and "worth" mean nothing until you have cash in hand. I personally wouldn't pay $1500 for 40 year old tires.

Come to think of it I have old tires kicking around, want to buy some?
First; not saying the tires are worth $1500; 2nd: we don't know the tires are 40 yrs old; 3rd: what I'm saying, is, parting out major components (including wheels and tires, loader, radiator, ect) should be worth well more than the $900. What I was trying to get at, at $900, there js very little risk in th purchase. Heck, 12.4x24 is a very popular size for mud buggy trucks,

Let's say you buy it and it's basket case; sell rims/tires for $450; loader/bucket for $450; all you lost is time and transport