Kubota L2850 electrical problem

/ Kubota L2850 electrical problem #1  

Uksternikolai

Tractor
Kubota L2850
So first of I made a stupid mistake. Someone left the ignition switch on after driving for the day and it sat for a couple of days and died. I Just started working with this tractor so am very unfamiliar and went to jump it but the cables were very the exact same, no color difference. In my haste I didn’t look to follow which went to the starter and jumped it on the wrong terminal…. Stupid stupid stupid. Well of course I fried some electricals I assume as it won’t start are light up. Need to get it started relatively soon, am starting to diagnose and follow leads but wanted to see if I could get a head start as to what I may have broken due to my stupidity through collective internet knowledge. Any help is appreciated.

/ Kubota L2850 electrical problem #2  
It appears if you're writing about the L2850 it's old enough not to have a computer. That limits a lot of damage and expense right there. Since you tried to jump it backward you should probably start with the basics - fully charge the battery and do a load test. Clean terminals and cable connectors and reinstall the battery. Clean and tighten the ground lead. You may have fried the glow plug controller, the alternator, or the voltage regulator but start troubleshooting from the point of having a known good battery.

/ Kubota L2850 electrical problem #3  
Look down by the starter for a short loop on a plastic connector, kubota used a fusible link on a lot of those older tractors to protect them

/ Kubota L2850 electrical problem
Look down by the starter for a short loop on a plastic connector, kubota used a fusible link on a lot of those older tractors to protect them
This one here? Hard to tell if it’s fried but I’ll swap it out and see if that does anything, gotta grab our multimeter from our shop today. We tried firing it up just through the starter bridging the positive to the starter but it just tried welding our bridge, no turning from the starter.

Attachments

• 6C21C551-60D8-4F98-B9F8-B452D85C3171.jpeg
    6C21C551-60D8-4F98-B9F8-B452D85C3171.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
   / Kubota L2850 electrical problem #5  
So first of I made a stupid mistake. Someone left the ignition switch on after driving for the day and it sat for a couple of days and died. I Just started working with this tractor so am very unfamiliar and went to jump it but the cables were very the exact same, no color difference. In my haste I didn’t look to follow which went to the starter and jumped it on the wrong terminal…. Stupid stupid stupid. Well of course I fried some electricals I assume as it won’t start are light up. Need to get it started relatively soon, am starting to diagnose and follow leads but wanted to see if I could get a head start as to what I may have broken due to my stupidity through collective internet knowledge. Any help is appreciated.
I know better and have jumped thousands of batteries and I did it to my M4500; I jumped it backwards! There was a 40 amp fuse that blew to protect the rest of the electricals from damage. There was no color coding on the terminals but I should have known better.

I got three of them from the dealer just in case I have another brain fart!