Kubota L2501

/ Kubota L2501 #1  

4merfarmer

Tractor
Kubota B3350SU
Thinking of buying this for my 6 acre farm and wondering if anyone has any comments on the tractor? I understand that its engine size avoids the federal regulation regarding emissions and it won't have the regeneration cycle. I put 440 hours on my 3350 in the past 7 years.
Thanks for any thoughts

/ Kubota L2501 #2  
The way I look at it if you need a lot of pto power it’s the wrong tractor for you. For example you want to pull a 7 or 8 foot mower, power a big pto generator etc. For end loader work, pulling a box blade and that type of work engine power is less critical.

/ Kubota L2501 #3  
More information about your intended use is needed. 25hp HST isn't the best choice for running even a 6' cutter in thick vegetation at a reasonable speed. Then there is the value question of whether it makes sense to buy a L2501/02 when the 48hp TYM T474 can be had in the same price range with mechanical fuel injection and a simple DPF system, but roughly double the HP.

/ Kubota L2501 #4  
What are you looking to do with it?

If it's loader work, and the L series is the right size for you, then the L2501 will be great. It's got the hydraulic capability, it just doesn't have the horsepower. Do you have a lot hills? Depending on the slope you may find yourself wanting for more power as you're chugging up in low range. So, PTO aside, it'll do anything a higher horsepower machine of the same size will do- just potentially at a slower pace.

Also, give the L2502 a look, you may find the improved ergonomics worth the money.

/ Kubota L2501 #5  
Thinking of buying this for my 6 acre farm and wondering if anyone has any comments on the tractor? I understand that its engine size avoids the federal regulation regarding emissions and it won't have the regeneration cycle. I put 440 hours on my 3350 in the past 7 years.
Thanks for any thoughts

My L2501 has been a great tractor, has accomplished virtually every task I’ve asked of it and is super reliable. Yes, due to its power output, it isn’t equipped with DPF or DEF emissions equipment, which is nice.

I’d highly recommend it!

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 #6  
The way I look at it if you need a lot of pto power it’s the wrong tractor for you. For example you want to pull a 7 or 8 foot mower, power a big pto generator etc. For end loader work, pulling a box blade and that type of work engine power is less critical.

Well, it could still be the right tractor if you choose to modify the L2501. My L2501 is equipped with a Turbo Kit and produces 44 HP and 35 PTO.
With the Turbo, the L2501 produces more than enough power and continues to be just as reliable as stock.

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 #7  
I love my L2501. It handles my five foot rotary mower with ease. I bought it to avoid the DPF issues. It's quite reliable, always ready to go when I am. The only drawback I've noted is weight - it's kind of light. I put a weight box on the back to compensate for that rather than filling the tires.

/ Kubota L2501 #8  
I agree with others, start with your plans. I assume your other tractor is the B3350HSD which is relatively similar in size to the L2501.

What do you like or not like about the old tractor? What is the reason for the upgrade?

I use the bucket for lifting a lot on my old Ford 1715 which would be similar to your Kubotas, and find it to be undersized for my needs. A tractor with a little more weight and stronger hydraulics would be nice.

/ Kubota L2501 #9  
More information about your intended use is needed. 25hp HST isn't the best choice for running even a 6' cutter in thick vegetation at a reasonable speed. Then there is the value question of whether it makes sense to buy a L2501/02 when the 48hp TYM T474 can be had in the same price range with mechanical fuel injection and a simple DPF system, but roughly double the HP.
If there is a TYM dealer within a couple hundred miles.

/ Kubota L2501 #10  
Regionally it does vary; they're common here in New England.

He seems pretty set on Kubota, which is why I didn't suggest the Kioti CK2620; though I had to toss the L2502 out there, because that thing really impressed me.

Last edited: