Kubota GR2100 drive issues

/ Kubota GR2100 drive issues
Boy at the point when I bought the GR I am not sure glide steer and 4-wheel drive would have meant that much to me. I wonder if the list prices for G series tractors has been greater than the list for GR series tractors. As I said earlier at least my dealer had no G series tractors on display when I bought my GR. I do think I saw G series tractors in the Kubota brochure but never got to see any in the flesh. That said, even GR's were close to $8,000 tractors when I bought mine and I think they are more than that now. Not a cheap tractor by anyone's estimation at least not for a home owner.

/ Kubota GR2100 drive issues
Just went to the Kubota web site and there is no mention of the G series tractors/mowers there either. Maybe they don't build it any longer. Although I must say, I don't see legions of happy G series tractor owners out there either. What the heck is happening to this company?

/ Kubota GR2100 drive issues #23  
The G series production was probably stopped a year or so after the GR series came out. They had a 60", 54", and the rear shoot 48" bagging ones with the baggers being available the longest.

The G2160 was a simple and rugged 2wd hydrostatic machine with electronic power steering. The reason I got the one it did it was the last one in stock and they were bringing in the GR series. The G2160-60 had the same series 60" deck as my BX so I just have one parts assortment to keep on hand. It drives like a sports car compared to the BX. The only issues over the years are the twin PTO drive belts are easy to smoke if you get into grass that is too heavy and it bogs the machine down and the special BANDO belts have only been available from Kubota at $75 a set.

Around here they are used in the Christmas tree fields for mowing in the summer and will show up used with around 1000 hours in the $6000 plus range so they do hold their value.

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota GR2100 drive issues #24  
If you don't need 4WD the 2160 is a much stronger tractor.The frame is more like the BX and the transaxle is all heavy cast iron.Should be a several thousand hour tractor with proper maintenance.Could you trade yours in on this one?
It is a private owner,unfortunately. The one for $6500 has 207hrs,one owner,was waxed and cleaned regularly and has manuals.Another one popped up on craigslist,a 2001 w/ just over 300hrs,for $3500-doesn't look as nice as the '04. I priced out a new GR2120 on the website-$9338 w/ 54" deck-I paid $8k for mine in March '07. I'm kinda spoiled w/awd & the tight turning radius. It's definitely something in tranny on right side-right rear wheel has no power to it-I took it out on my snow covered driveway-could spin all tires but that one,plus when I turned left-the right rear still didn't have power(left was doing what it was supposed to-nothing). I see the warranty is only 2 years now on the GR-it's 1/2 of when I bought mine......

/ Kubota GR2100 drive issues #25  
My Certified Return Receipt "2nd letter to CEO Kubota Tractor Corporation" finally resulted in a written reply from a Manager of Customer Satisfaction (B.S. Degree in Biology) and as expected Kubota Tractor Corporation is hiding behind the expired 2-year warranty - never mind the engineering flawed design failing at 330 hours of use and now its a 3-WD "at best". $4,000 for a new rear axle + $1,000 = $5,000 for a second generation redesigned rear axle on a GR2100 will take care if their faulty engineering.
Have now communicated to Kubota Manufacturing and we will see where that goes. Last stop after that will be Kubota Corporation - 2-47, Shikitsuhigashi 1-chome, Naniwa-ku, Osaka 556-8601 Japan.