Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #541  
I always had deflation issues with the gage wheels on my traded in M60 Tank, always went flat when sitting and then came off the rims, a PITA. I finally foamed them with store bought expanding foam sealant.

The smaller the wheels it seems they are more prone to going flat.

I'll most likely foam the gage wheels on the 2880 I bought as well.

The 2880 I bought didn't come with the deck lift bar so I'll have to address that as well. Thinking about fabbing up and welding a bracket to the deck top itself so I can employ a length of heavy wall pipe to lift it up. Minor inconvenience at best. Didn't come with the owners manual either, which is pretty typical for used equipment. Owners for some reason like to keep the owners manuals, why, I have no clue as most never read them anyway.

/ Kubota F series #542  
Why? I see them used on steep banks round here. 4WD and wide tires.
Heck, the Kubota WAM was my F-3680 with a 100” tri-deck.
Ain’t no big deal.

This JD WAM has really big leading & trailing wheels/tires that would fare much better on holes & bumps than a Kubota F’s tiny wheels.

View attachment 865087

Same with this Toro.

View attachment 865089

Looks like they both have air ride seats, too.

Even the Kubota F-3680 WAM 100” has bigger leading edge front wheels/tires…..

View attachment 865090

Awwwwww
Prolly not a heated seat, neither? :ROFLMAO:
Not sure why anyone would want a heated seat on a lawnmower anyway. Wife's Burb has heated seats but those are leather and leather seats equals a cold butt. If anything the seat on a lawnmower equals a sweaty butt.

/ Kubota F series #543  
I sure wished that 100” Kubota deck was still available.
It gave trouble tho evidently.

IDK why Kubota got away from those Big Heavy Casters & deck wheels like came on 100”

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #544  
The gauge wheels in my F3060 72" Rd deck are 9" outside diameter.

Would you know how large are the wheels in the three mowers shown in you photos?

View attachment 865113
Yeah but there’s only 2. They are very small. Rear wheels are small plastic rollers.

/ Kubota F series #545  
The gauge wheels in my F3060 72" Rd deck are 9" outside diameter.

Would you know how large are the wheels in the three mowers shown in you photos?
I’d guess they would be about 12” OD

My Front ZD1511 wheels are 15”

& that’s what these F series needs on front of deck.

/ Kubota F series #546  
My front deck wheels are so small, I’m surprised they’re inflatable.

/ Kubota F series #547  
I’d guess they would be about 12” OD

My Front ZD1511 wheels are 15”

& that’s what these F series needs on front of deck.

Yes 15" should do it, but the dealer price on those is almost $300 each and so far I have not found much competition in that size.
Still looking.

Aftermarket zero turn 13" solid rubber tire front wheels are easy find at around $100 each.

At least they look pretty good in a photo...

13 Inch wheels.jpg

Anyway I am in no hurry and am fine with 9" Gauge wheels for now - many much more important projects to finish first this year.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #549  
My front deck wheels are so small, I’m surprised they’re inflatable.

Those tiny little wheels would be ok on a smooth golf course or a manicured lawn :LOL:

Definitely Not on rough ground.