Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #521  
Fluid Filled Turf Tires gives me plenty of traction mowing up & down as long as I stay STRAIT & go Slow.

It’s the horizontal runs where I’m loosing traction when crossing wet or damp spots.

I can buy a brand new F3710 for $29k OTD

/ Kubota F series #522  
$29,000 or $500 on bar tires :unsure:
I know what I would try first lol

Sounds like since you started this discussion you’ve had the money for a new F burnin a hole in your pocket, but I’d try the bar tires and spend the $29,000 towards another poultry barn. ;)

Or take a middle ground approach and buy a used WAM without rear discharge.

/ Kubota F series #523  
IF my MX10 & Zero sales : I may finance the balance of a F3710.

I’m still on the fence lol

/ Kubota F series #524  
F’s ride terrible on bumpy ground. They “buck” like a bronco and the little deck tires get all beat up. Gotta slow way down.

/ Kubota F series #525  
F’s ride terrible on bumpy ground. They “buck” like a bronco and the little deck tires get all beat up. Gotta slow way down.
I don't seem to have that issue with the one I just bought as it has an air ride seat, but then I never mow fast anyway, always in low range. Maybe you need to change your method a bit or invest in an air ride seat..... I do know one thing for sure and that is, the F series rides a lot better than the M60 Tank I traded in. That was a kidney buster and unlike the Tank, t he F Series just sips fuel and seems to make a lot more grunt too.

/ Kubota F series #526  
I don't seem to have that issue with the one I just bought as it has an air ride seat, but then I never mow fast anyway, always in low range. Maybe you need to change your method a bit or invest in an air ride seat....
An air ride seat might make it more comfortable for the operator, but it doesn’t mean you don’t still beat the deck wheels & welded wheel mounts to death. lol

. I do know one thing for sure and that is, the F series rides a lot better than the M60 Tank I traded in. That was a kidney buster and unlike the Tank, t he F Series just sips fuel and seems to make a lot more grunt too.

I don’t know much about homeowner zero turns like “tanks”. Those things were in the scrap bin of mower history pretty quick and wouldn’t last commercially.

I agree with the grunt. My 3680 has plenty of 4 cylinder grunt.
Still rides rough over bad ground and beats the deck up is you go fast.

A ZD kubota has very large inflated front tires and the deck hangs in the air, versus an F which rolls along the ground on little plastic wheels or about the smallest inflated tires ever made.

/ Kubota F series #527  

Sorry, but I think you are now repeating about small front deck or gauge wheels and I belive we are now convinced you don't like them!

Slowing down a little will help, but it would not be a such a major project to switch to larger gauge wheels.

Front wheels from Z mower and little bit of fabricating & welding.

/ Kubota F series #528  
I sold my 79hr ZD1511 today.

I could sure see where the TINY lil frt deck wheels on F would take a BEATING on rough ground.
But I don’t mow any faster than the ground allows w/o beating up my mower.

/ Kubota F series #529  
Here is a very good posting by johncar back in 2015 about replacing worn gauge wheel holder/assemblies in his F mower:

DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series

If I end up replacing the gauge wheel holder assemblies due to wear in my 72" deck, I would certainly convert to much larger diameter gauge wheels at the same time!

Maybe 13" or 15" OD solid rubber tires would do it?

13 Inch wheels.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #530  
I sold my 79hr ZD1511 today.

I could sure see where the TINY lil frt deck wheels on F would take a BEATING on rough ground.
But I don’t mow any faster than the ground allows w/o beating up my mower.

It’s nice you have that luxury. I have no choice. Mow slow and lower my income lol, so for me I have to go fast until I hit bumpy ground, roots, etc. Anything even semi-smooth is mowed fast.
Mowing around my home, I can actually slow down and enjoy it a little. Just did that today.
I see other commercial operators with their crews mowing at all out speed and it makes me cringe. I thought we mowed fast, those clowns are nuts.