Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start

/ Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start #1  

bluebel1

Tractor
Kubota BX220, M7060, LS 3037 C, Ford 1600
I know that this has been discussed here before,but I am really needing some advise on fixing my tractor. I went out yesterday to start my tractor, no lignts, no nothing, just a click and some ticking. I went to Sally world and bought a new battery. Come home put it on, got lights, click, ticking and dash lights. No start. Found tractor in low range, moved to neutral. Still no start. Pulled bonnet, to get to starter. Took little connector off starter, measured no voltage. Tried to short across little and big terminal on tractor, no start. Now, have no lights no nothing. I saw large fuse next to starter how do I check? Also it appears to me, my pto switch may be the problem. The pto lever is difficult to move and seems a little bent. Is pto switch suppose to be in or out?

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start #2  
I would remove and clean your frame and engine ground and make sure your battery terminal rings are clean first before going any further

/ Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start #3  
You test fuses, using a continuity tester. A good fuse should have continuity, (low resistance) and a bad fuse should have infinite resistance

/ Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start
I would remove and clean your frame and engine ground and make sure your battery terminal rings are clean first before going any further
I am able to easily clean the large terminal on starter, ground is hard to find, and I will clean battery terminal rings. Thank you.

You test fuses, using a continuity tester. A good fuse should have continuity, (low resistance) and a bad fuse should have infinite resistance
Thank you. I can test with ohm meter for short or open.Thank you ten being me of that.

Does anyone know if pto switch should be in or out. Lever is difficult to move

Well I have done what everyone suggested, still no lights, no nothing. I bypassed switches un seat. Pto in neutral, travel in neutral, pto off. Any more suggestions, about to pull my hair out!

/ Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start #8  
Also, make sure your hydro pedal is centered, and the PTO is in the off position. Most of the hydros have a switch so the pedal is not in forward/reverse when it is started - these switches go bad. You can try and rock the pedal a bit when "cranking" the tractor over and see if anything changes.

/ Kubota BX 24 backhoe will not start #9  
I know that this has been discussed here before,but I am really needing some advise on fixing my tractor. I went out yesterday to start my tractor, no lignts, no nothing, just a click and some ticking. I went to Sally world and bought a new battery. Come home put it on, got lights, click, ticking and dash lights. No start. Found tractor in low range, moved to neutral. Still no start. Pulled bonnet, to get to starter. Took little connector off starter, measured no voltage. Tried to short across little and big terminal on tractor, no start. Now, have no lights no nothing. I saw large fuse next to starter how do I check? Also it appears to me, my pto switch may be the problem. The pto lever is difficult to move and seems a little bent. Is pto switch suppose to be in or out?
ground cable attaches to the top of the right rear motor mount, don't look at it, remove it and wire brush both the cable end and what it attaches to, bad grounds are most of the electrical problems with starting on compact tractors
IMG_7112 2.jpg