Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #1  

WileyG

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM3000 Kubota L3430HSTC
I want to add 3rd function to my LA513 loader on my L3430 HSTC and I'm told that the Kubota brand kit has steel lines that run down the loader arms vs the hoses that most or all aftermarket brands have. Can anyone on here confirm that?

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #2  
OK, hope I can make this understandable. The hydraulics to run the FEL/bucket are all rubber hoses EXCEPT out front where the hydraulics cross from one arm of the FEL to the other. The cross-over plumbing is steel tubing.

A year ago I had the Kubota dealer install a Land Pride grapple, WR Long third function valve and all the plumbing. ALL the plumbing for the grapple is rubber hose. When I dealt with the local Kubota dealer - there was never a mention of a "Kubota brand kit".

Hope this is helpful.

Correction: now that its daylight I went out and checked. The hydraulic lines to run the FEL/bucket are all steel and tightly tucked up under & inside the loader arms.

Last edited:
   / Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #3  
Not the same tractor (M9540), but mine are steel. Dealer installed prior to delivery. They fit right in with the steel loader lines.

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #4  
IMG_1970.JPGIMG_1971.JPGIMG_1966.JPGOn my L3540 all the Kubota factory 3rd function lines are steel all the way to the couplers.
DevilDog

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #5  
Mine are also steel, don't have a good picture though.

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #6  
At the time of the 30 series being built third function valves were not made for the 513 loader from the factory.

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question #7  
Not the same tractor (M9540), but mine are steel. Dealer installed prior to delivery. They fit right in with the steel loader lines.

Yep. I installed mine. Steel except the rubber hoses from FEL frame to Quick Couplers.

/ Kubota brand 3rd function hydraulics question
At the time of the 30 series being built third function valves were not made for the 513 loader from the factory.

As I understand it my 3rd function would be for a 514 loader for the reason you've given.

What I'm after in this install is only having rubber hoses where absolutely necessary like the factory loader hydraulics that run the bucket and loader arms. I don't like the long hoses having to be cable tied to the steel lines on the loader arms.