Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt

/ Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt #1  

macindude

Bronze Member
Tractor
Simplicity Legacy
Hi all,

Does anyone have a parts manual for the Kohler 25hp on the Legacy? (CH25S-68583) I can't find one online, there's just a bunch of parts sites and none of them list the part I need which is just a simple bolt that I need the size of. It goes into the block so I can't take it to the store and try a bunch either...

FWIW, it's the two bolts that hold the exhaust bracket. #6 on the Exhaust Group page. It'd be great if someone could tell me the size, even better if you can hook me up with a parts manual so that I can find the next one on my own. FWIW, it's bigger than a 3/8" bolt from my hardware stash...

Thanks!!!

/ Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt #2  
The muffler may of come suppled by Simplicity not Kohler. so you will need the parts manual for the tractor.. Should have a 7 digit model number on a tag that will allow parts lookup for the tractor.

/ Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt
The muffler may of come suppled by Simplicity not Kohler. so you will need the parts manual for the tractor.. Should have a 7 digit model number on a tag that will allow parts lookup for the tractor.
Odd. The Simplicity parts manual shows it but specifies a 3/8-16 x 5/8”. I took another 3/8-16 bolt and tried it and I’m able to just slide it in. Inner diameter of threads measured with calipers at 3/8” so it’s got to be slightly bigger somehow.

/ Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt #4  
Looks like it could be M-839020-S M8X1.25X20 That is from the muffler kit for the CH25

/ Kohler CH25S parts manual and/or exhaust bracket bolt
Well, the immediate problem is solved. The 3/8 bolt Is for older ones than my 1997/8. The correct bolt is 7/16-14x1” per the tractor’s parts manual.

I still wish I had a parts manual for the engine.