kl4010 loader lift capacity

/ kl4010 loader lift capacity #12  
That won't work then. Loader is only rated to lift 1835lbs.

E.

/ kl4010 loader lift capacity #13  
I mean, that's just obvious. No, for a loader rated at 1835 lbs lifting capacity at the pins (not to full height, either), you shouldn't plan on safely lifting 2000 lbs of pellets (plus the pallet weight) using an SSQA fork attachment out ~24" in front of the pins.

That said, it would be close to capable. Just pull 8 or 10 bags off the top of the pallet real quick by hand, then you're good to go.

/ kl4010 loader lift capacity #14  
I mean, that's just obvious. No, for a loader rated at 1835 lbs lifting capacity at the pins (not to full height, either), you shouldn't plan on safely lifting 2000 lbs of pellets (plus the pallet weight) using an SSQA fork attachment out ~24" in front of the pins.

That said, it would be close to capable. Just pull 8 or 10 bags off the top of the pallet real quick by hand, then you're good to go.

Around here the pellet/energy log producers shrink wrap the pallet and on energy logs also strap them.
I would not want to haul ours with the pallet partially broken down, pallet loses its rigidity.
jmo get a tractor that can lift more than 1800lb at pin to full height

Last edited:
   / kl4010 loader lift capacity #15  
Around here the pellet/energy log producers shrink wrap the pallet and on energy logs also strap them.
I would not want to haul ours with the pallet partially broken down, pallet loses its rigidity.
jmo get a tractor that can lift more than 1800lb at pin to full height.

I needed a machine to load full pallets of lumber. Having to unstack a few pieces wouldn’t be the end of the world but when you cut the straps the rest of it is flying everywhere so that’s really not a solid option.

/ kl4010 loader lift capacity #16  
I buy 1.5 tons per year, so not much. I’m going to have tractor supply pull 13 bags off two separate pallets and hit the top with a quick pass of the shrink wrap. That’ll put me close enough to where I need to be with the 315lb pallet forks.

Thanks for the replies!

…and I messed up the thread title. It’s a 4030 loader, but still essentially the same deal.

/ kl4010 loader lift capacity #17  
Just to close it out—the tractor with 3000lb cap Tarter brand pallet forks was able to lift 37 bags off the trailer. I had the pto chipper on the 3pt. Having the backhoe on may’ve been a bit better.