Price Check Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #11  
If you think the RX is unstable on a slight slope especially with a load in the bucket or on forks - try the same load on a smaller tractor on the same slope and then let me know if you really think smaller would be better in this situation ;)

Typically, with any given load out front, smaller tractors are less stable. Sure, you can create exceptions by playing with counter weights and wheel spacing / tire size, but anything you can do to the small tractor to make it more stable you can also do to the large tractor. So apples to apples the large tractor will be more stable for a given load out front.

True, I think it is my nerves as an inexperienced operator that are the problem. I'm sure the smaller tractor would be less stable with the same load (if it could carry the same load :)) and even with an equivalently proportioned load might be less stable. With the large tractor, and me sitting up quite high off the ground, I think my nerves kick in a bit more than they would if I didn't have as far to roll! And on top of that I think my nerves are kicking in sooner than they need to after reading all the stories on TBN, as an inexperienced operator I'm probably playing it safe.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #12  
I suppose my 45hp tractor is too big for my 2 acres! ;) Yet somehow I routinely find myself wanting more. More hp, more hydraulics, more capacity, more weight!

The capacity requirements of the job should dictate tractor size, not the acreage.

I'd go for the RX. It isn't too much tractor give the additional description the OP gave of the situation. He can downsize later if it seems appropriate. I wish I had an RX sized machine.

Yes, that is true... and according to the tasks the OP described he wanted the tractor for I stand by my recommendation.

I have a 41hp tractor for my 6 acres and I don't require 41hp for what I typically do, but I do handle large round bales of hay on occasion which does utilise the 41hp. For a fortnight, I help 'bring in' a neighbour's round bale hay crop (450+ rounds). I bought my tractor knowing that I would be handling those large bales.

Secondly; not knowing the reputation of the dealership the OP is dealing with... that dealership has a traded in tractor sitting on his lot and he wants to sell it (at what sounds like a very good and tempting price in Australian dollars). It's the OP's first tractor buy and a 60hp Cat2 rig is over-kill for the tasks listed. He did indicate that, later on, he'd like to pick up additional tractor work but that is undefined as he doesn't know what it could be.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #13  
True, I think it is my nerves as an inexperienced operator that are the problem. I'm sure the smaller tractor would be less stable with the same load (if it could carry the same load :)) and even with an equivalently proportioned load might be less stable. With the large tractor, and me sitting up quite high off the ground, I think my nerves kick in a bit more than they would if I didn't have as far to roll! And on top of that I think my nerves are kicking in sooner than they need to after reading all the stories on TBN, as an inexperienced operator I'm probably playing it safe.

She'll be right, Mate. Perception when in a new 'environment' can be a real bugger until you get used to it. Think bout the first time you drove off in a new vehicle... it took you a bit to adjust to the dimensions, then you became comfortable.

Speaking of perception; until recently I was extremely cautious of doing cross-slope work (raking or slashing). One day I was slashing a friends sloped paddock and decided it was too much of an incline to attempt. I hopped off the tractor to have a wee break and took off my sunnies to wipe my brow... and the whole incline of the slope changed! The sunnies, that I'd always wore when tractoring, were my prescription 'driving sunglasses' and they were subtly warping my close-up vision. The slope angle was fine and I haven't worn those sunnies on the tractor since. :)

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #14  
Yes, that is true... and according to the tasks the OP described he wanted the tractor for I stand by my recommendation.

I have a 41hp tractor for my 6 acres and I don't require 41hp for what I typically do, but I do handle large round bales of hay on occasion which does utilise the 41hp. For a fortnight, I help 'bring in' a neighbour's round bale hay crop (450+ rounds). I bought my tractor knowing that I would be handling those large bales.

Secondly; not knowing the reputation of the dealership the OP is dealing with... that dealership has a traded in tractor sitting on his lot and he wants to sell it (at what sounds like a very good and tempting price in Australian dollars). It's the OP's first tractor buy and a 60hp Cat2 rig is over-kill for the tasks listed. He did indicate that, later on, he'd like to pick up additional tractor work but that is undefined as he doesn't know what it could be.

Sorry, I don't follow - which of the OP's tasks was the RX too big to do?

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #15  
Sorry, I don't follow - which of the OP's tasks was the RX too big to do?

None. I said that it was over-kill. The tasks listed don't require that big of a tractor and that's all the advice I'm giving.

With that size (dimensions and cab) amongst orchard trees, which I believe are on sloped ground, he's going to run into difficulties... or not, as I haven't seen the terrain.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #16  
Christian, consider a track steer like a 2012 ASV or newer.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice
Just checking what you would pay for this tractor
Cheers