Price Check Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #1  

Christian500

Tractor
None
So first time tractor buyer here slowly trying to get educated and using the forums and local advice.

I have 12 acre of old chestnut orchard steepish in parts
I will be mainly utilising the tractor with flail mower to clear and maintain property and general farm work.

I have been looking at Kubota l4600 and then a mx5100
I have now just been offered a Rx 6010 cab with AL60 4 and one by the local dealer whose trading it
It has 500 hrs and is two years old looks in very good shape, owner is upgrading to larger tractor as he has increased his land holdings.

What should I be paying for this and what are your thoughts on the tractor and fit for purpose?
Thanks a heap

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Tassie.

An RX6010 is a lot of tractor for only 12 acres; TractorData.com Kioti RX6:) tractor information

It's also a Cat II, which means that 3-point-hitch (3PH) implements are going to that much more dear, price wise. The cab, although very nice to have in your alpine area/climate, will be somewhat of a hindrance amongst the chestnut trees. Plus the size and dimension of the tractor will limit manoeuvrability.

IMHO, it's too much tractor for what you've said you want a tractor for. Bigger isn't always better. Look between a 35hp to (at the most) 50hp. All of the 'colours' (tractor manufacturers) are offering "Summer Deals" at the moment... many as package-deals.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice
Thank you very much for your excellent reply.
I should qualify a few aspects,
The block has been let go for over 25 years now and though I have had a bobcat with mulched go through there is still a fair bit of clearing and log dragging and chopping to do,
The chestnut trees are scattered hapazardly
There is no house or any infrastructure so all this will need to be worked with the tractor.
Initially I hope to use it to perform all these duties other than side cut for house and trenches unless I can pick up a cheap back hoe attachment.
Being a rural town i thought I may also get some side jobs for extra cash.

If in a couple of years all the work is done I could then sell it if required and downsize tractor and possibly zero turn mower.

The tractor is currently priced at 30,000

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice
Regarding cat 2 equipment can I buy a adapter?

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #5  
Regarding cat 2 equipment can I buy a adapter?

Yes, SpeeCo makes adaptors and you can mount a Cat1 Quick Hitch to a Cat2 3PT. On my NX6010 when I hook up my snow blower I shim down my Cat 2 three point to Cat 1.

The SpeeCo Cat2 to Cat1 shims will be in the Farm hydraulic isle of any Fleet store.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #6  
If in a couple of years all the work is done I could then sell it if required and downsize tractor and possibly zero turn mower.

The tractor is currently priced at 30,000

Yes, that's certainly a plan. Especially when it comes to re-establishing a property. A$30k is a good sounding price too... a new cab adds A$10k to the price. I have an advertising flyer here from Kioti where an EX50 with FEL, 4in1 bucket & 1.5m slasher (R1 tyres) is listed at A$37,995. With the 'budget savings', you'd have enough left over to add a 3rd function remote to the FEL for a 4in1 and/or grapple.

As EricTheOracle says, there is a Cat2/Cat1 adaptor available out there in the tractor supply world. I don't know about "Fleet Stores" when it comes to Aus, here in Tas it would be Roberts, Elders or, maybe, CSR.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #7  
I agree with it being a bigger tractor but I'm getting 100hp for my 13 acres with a 15' batwing. I like to get my mowing knocked out real quick

Brett

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #8  
Hi Christian, I was in a similar position to you a few months ago, first time tractor buyer trying to work out what I needed and what was a good deal etc. I ended up buying an Kioti RX7620 (ROPS with loader etc), against the advise of most people I spoke to who said it was bigger than I needed for our 40 acre property. It is generally bigger than I need, except when I need it. I definitely don't regret going bigger, except for two situations - when I'm among trees (we have a small orchard on the property), and when I'm working on sloped ground. I have been surprised how gentle a slope needs to be for my nerves to start twitching, especially with a decent load in the bucket or on the forks. Definitely get loaded tyres for stability and traction.
One thing to consider is that you might want to make sure the AL60 loader is easily removable for working among the trees, the loader can make you cumbersome in tight spaces. You most likely won't take it off that often, but if you are doing a lot of work among trees it would be useful. Also, the cab might make tight work difficult too.

In general, I would say the RX series tractors are really well built and easy to operate. With only 65hrs experience on mine, I would definitely recommend the Kioti RX tractors, just not sure about the size for what you are doing. Something small and nimble will still have enough grunt for most jobs.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #9  
Hi Christian, I was in a similar position to you a few months ago, first time tractor buyer trying to work out what I needed and what was a good deal etc. I ended up buying an Kioti RX7620 (ROPS with loader etc), against the advise of most people I spoke to who said it was bigger than I needed for our 40 acre property. It is generally bigger than I need, except when I need it. I definitely don't regret going bigger, except for two situations - when I'm among trees (we have a small orchard on the property), and when I'm working on sloped ground. I have been surprised how gentle a slope needs to be for my nerves to start twitching, especially with a decent load in the bucket or on the forks. Definitely get loaded tyres for stability and traction.
One thing to consider is that you might want to make sure the AL60 loader is easily removable for working among the trees, the loader can make you cumbersome in tight spaces. You most likely won't take it off that often, but if you are doing a lot of work among trees it would be useful. Also, the cab might make tight work difficult too.

In general, I would say the RX series tractors are really well built and easy to operate. With only 65hrs experience on mine, I would definitely recommend the Kioti RX tractors, just not sure about the size for what you are doing. Something small and nimble will still have enough grunt for most jobs.

If you think the RX is unstable on a slight slope especially with a load in the bucket or on forks - try the same load on a smaller tractor on the same slope and then let me know if you really think smaller would be better in this situation ;)

Typically, with any given load out front, smaller tractors are less stable. Sure, you can create exceptions by playing with counter weights and wheel spacing / tire size, but anything you can do to the small tractor to make it more stable you can also do to the large tractor. So apples to apples the large tractor will be more stable for a given load out front.

/ Kioti Rx 6010 and Al60 4 and one price check and advice #10  
An RX6010 is a lot of tractor for only 12 acres; TractorData.com Kioti RX61 tractor information

I suppose my 45hp tractor is too big for my 2 acres! ;) Yet somehow I routinely find myself wanting more. More hp, more hydraulics, more capacity, more weight!

The capacity requirements of the job should dictate tractor size, not the acreage.

I'd go for the RX. It isn't too much tractor give the additional description the OP gave of the situation. He can downsize later if it seems appropriate. I wish I had an RX sized machine.