Kioti fuel filler position

/ Kioti fuel filler position #1  

rd_macgregor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC, Kubota B2650
Over the years I've owned my DK45SC, either the hood or the fuel tank have migrated so that the filler cap now interferes with opening and closing the filler cover (hatch) hinge in the hood. The plastic hinge is now broken on one side and, to close or open it, I have to open the hood first (since the hinge hits the fuel cap otherwise).
I couldn't see any way to adjust the position of the fuel tank nor to adjust where the hood comes down, but clearly there must be some give somewhere, because this problem has only developed over the past year or so.
Any suggestions?

KiotiFiller 001.jpg

Bob

/ Kioti fuel filler position #2  
Maybe you have a few fasteners that have loosened up, Hood bolts or fuel tank bolts, I'll have to check mine as well.

/ Kioti fuel filler position #3  
Bound to be something shifted. Have you checked the brace in the center that bolts down to the engine. Is it still solid?

/ Kioti fuel filler position
The fuel tank seems really solid, with no give at all (and no obvious way its position could be adjusted). This implies to me that it is the hood that has moved. I'll look into it more closely, but my first examination didn't reveal how the hood position could be adjusted either (maybe at the hinges?).
Thanks,
Bob