Kioti dk40 No left brake

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #1  

Sheriff2017

Tractor
Kioti dk40
Ran my tractor today and all of the sudden no left brake. Pedal goes to floor with no resistance. WTH?

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #2  
Time to lay down under the tractor and inspect all the linkages. Probably just a pin somewhere in the linkage that got pulled by brush or something and disconnected the linkage to the pedal.

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #3  
What he said ^^

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake
I followed linkage all the way to the rear tire and all is in place. It was working fine prior to deer season. Today no left brake pedal. Where else should I be looking?

Anyone else had this problem? I could understand if I was using it and it stopped working,but hasn't been used in 3 months and now this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #6  
Anyone else had this problem? I could understand if I was using it and it stopped working,but hasn't been used in 3 months and now this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I haven’t had this problem but if I was you and there’s a second person available I would do the following. Secure the tractor from rolling, with engine off, have the second person operate the brake pedals while you lay underneath and observe the linkage. If both right and left appear to function the same then you’re probably in for some more serious disassembly.

I haven’t had this problem but if I was you and there’s a second person available I would do the following. Secure the tractor from rolling, with engine off, have the second person operate the brake pedals while you lay underneath and observe the linkage. If both right and left appear to function the same then you’re probably in for some more serious disassembly.
Did that yesterday and the right brake linkage and left linkage function the same. The right brake is working but not left brake. I was afraid it is going to be more extensive than I thought. Thanks for your reply

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #8  
Sorry, got late on me yesterday and didn't respond earlier. So, just to be clear, all the linkages for the left brake are moving nice and free from the left brake pedal up to the arm that then enters into the rear end housing, right?

Took some screenshots of the Michigan Iron parts website. Hopefully it helps a little bit diagnosing this issue.

If the linkage is all moving all the way from the pedals to the arm #11 on the 4th picture, then the issue may be internal and a lot more expensive.

Kioti dk40 brake 1.jpg
Kioti dk40 brake 2.jpg
Kioti dk40 brake 3.jpg
Kioti dk40 brake 4.jpg

Sorry, got late on me yesterday and didn't respond earlier. So, just to be clear, all the linkages for the left brake are moving nice and free from the left brake pedal up to the arm that then enters into the rear end housing, right?

Took some screenshots of the Michigan Iron parts website. Hopefully it helps a little bit diagnosing this issue.

If the linkage is all moving all the way from the pedals to the arm #11 on the 4th picture, then the issue may be internal and a lot more expensive.

View attachment 735721 View attachment 735722 View attachment 735723 View attachment 735724
That is correct about linkage. Just don't understand how it was working when i unloaded it from trailer, parked for 5 months and now left brake doesn't work. Might be better to sell at a very discounted price and look for another tractor. Thanks for the info

/ Kioti dk40 No left brake #10  
I would look closely at the nuts holding the lever on the brake actuator shaft. I circled the nuts in red and the shaft in blue.

If the nuts are loose then it is possible for that lever to not engage the square part on the shaft. That would just let the lever rotate on the shaft instead of rotating the shaft.

22988246-DAD2-49E5-9079-8951094763F0.jpeg