Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable?

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #21  
The nearest Kioti dealer is 63 miles from my house. I called the dealer to set up a service call, and was surprised to discover the dealer is now charging a $75 service visit fee (regardless of the type of work performed -either scheduled maintenance, warranty service, or out-of-warranty- with an additional fee of $4.25/mile round trip.
If your tractor needs to visit the Kioti dealer to have its problem corrected:

Dealer service at the dealer's premise will require two round trips, which is 4 X 63 mile segments = 252 miles. (4 X 75 mile segments = 300 miles.)

The dealer's driver/mechanic will require at least six hours for service discussion, transportation plus loading, chaining and unloading. (Dealer cost 6 X $50) (Dealer customer charge for labor 6 X $80)

Fifteen to twenty gallons of fuel.

Wear and tear on HD truck and HD trailer.

Commercial insurance for HD truck, HD trailer and your tractor.

Any special considerations when purchasing used over new?

Start with the nearest dealer and work out.

Transporting a tractor for service is expensive and inconvenient, whether you trailer it or the dealer trailers it.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #22  
I had warranty work done on my 2009 Kubota. New set of heavy duty steps replaced the OEM steps. I paid $75 for the service call. It is 50 miles round trip. Nothing for parts & labor.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #23  
I did a warranty product update on a customers utility vehicle. About a 5 hour round trip plus the 45 minutes for the update. Was no charge to the customer for anything. Warranty paid travel since it was an update. Doesn't happen too often, but I've seen it a couple of times.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #24  
Another variable not mentioned is OP location. Fuel prices vary wildly by state. You also may have state law differences vis-a-vis warranty fees. Sometimes those 'free' services are baked into the cost at POS.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #25  
I should consider myself lucky. My John Deere dealer charges me $60 (includes both pick-up and return). I am about 20 miles from the dealership. Now, these charges are for tractors I purchased from them so I can can't be certain if the charges are discounted.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #26  
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn’t the correct forum for this question, but I’d like to know what others are seeing for an in-warranty service to the tractor’s location.

I purchased and took delivery on a new 2021 CK3510 HST about 17 months ago, so it’s still under the 2 year ‘bumper-to-bumper’ warranty. The nearest dealer is 63 miles from my house.
Two nights ago, at 351 hours, it threw a CEL with the codes ‘4881 F 30’.

I called the dealer to set up a service call, and was surprised to discover the dealer had changed their service policy to ‘promote their services’, and were now charging a $75 service visit fee (regardless of the type of work performed -either scheduled maintenance, warranty service, or out-of-warranty- with an additional fee of $4.25/mile round trip.
While my phone GPS says the dealership is 63 miles away, they claim it’s a 75 mile trip.

They are saying to come out, even if it’s just to perform a 'computer reset', I’m looking at:
$75 + 150 miles at $4.25/mile = $712.50 minimum.
That is unless, of course, I can find a way to bring the tractor to them.

I was shocked to find this out this afternoon, but then I realized I don’t have any direct experience to compare.
Is this typical? Are you all out there with Kioti tractors in the same boat, or is my dealer unreasonable?

Thanks.

For reference, to haul my 36,000+ pound payloader, which requires a semi-tractor, and a lowboy, my local excavators and loggers charge me about $5-7 a mile, a cost I forward to my customer. A smaller tractor that can be hauled with an equipment trailer, car hauler, or whatever is right in the price range they're asking.

Edit: that said, charging a service call fee on top of a milage fee does seem excessive as does charging you milage to and from.

For example, a couple of years ago when I had the tire manipulator truck come out and change two tires on my payloader, the tire outfit charged me by hour to run a truck that is at least $200K to get into to the point where they were done at my place. While expensive, I get it: the truck is expensive and the operator needs to be skilled.

Picking up a tractor is semi-skilled the operator must be sober (that can be a problem in some areas of our country) and skilled enough to leash a tractor down on a trailer, say $20-30 an hour. The truck is likely a one-ton so $60-65K new and the trailer price can range up to $10K, with both being depreciated business expenses. On the other hand, if it is a real tech with at least a two-year tech degree, as an operator of the dealership you look at what that person can make you in a day in the shop and start justifying what they are charging you to get the tractor.

Personally, I'd send the salesman out to get the tractor and charge $300 buck to pick it up and to drop it off to give the sales slug something for his or her time, as well as to pay for and pad a little for wear and tear on equipment.

Last edited:
   / Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #27  
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn’t the correct forum for this question, but I’d like to know what others are seeing for an in-warranty service to the tractor’s location.

I purchased and took delivery on a new 2021 CK3510 HST about 17 months ago, so it’s still under the 2 year ‘bumper-to-bumper’ warranty. The nearest dealer is 63 miles from my house.
Two nights ago, at 351 hours, it threw a CEL with the codes ‘4881 F 30’.

I called the dealer to set up a service call, and was surprised to discover the dealer had changed their service policy to ‘promote their services’, and were now charging a $75 service visit fee (regardless of the type of work performed -either scheduled maintenance, warranty service, or out-of-warranty- with an additional fee of $4.25/mile round trip.
While my phone GPS says the dealership is 63 miles away, they claim it’s a 75 mile trip.

They are saying to come out, even if it’s just to perform a 'computer reset', I’m looking at:
$75 + 150 miles at $4.25/mile = $712.50 minimum.
That is unless, of course, I can find a way to bring the tractor to them.

I was shocked to find this out this afternoon, but then I realized I don’t have any direct experience to compare.
Is this typical? Are you all out there with Kioti tractors in the same boat, or is my dealer unreasonable?

Thanks.
gotta be a dealer thing. My Kioti dealer is 70 miles away. It was $300 for them to deliver my new tractor. Luckily I have the ability to move my own so I did.
Ive had good luck in the past with local towing companies moving stuff during their slow times of day. Never hurts to call and ask for rates.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #28  
I currently work for a Kioti dealer (my last day is a few days away).

If purchased brand new and something catastrophic happens - they take care of it without charge.

Otherwise, they are $2.50/mile. If they had an empty truck in the area they could sometimes cut the trip fee in half. No service charge.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #29  
Picking up a tractor is semi-skilled the operator must be sober (that can be a problem in some areas of our country) and skilled enough to leash a tractor down on a trailer, say $20-30 an hour. The truck is likely a one-ton so $60-65K new and the trailer price can range up to $10K, with both being depreciated business expenses.
Finding drivers and other help is tough. I dont know why, what happened to all of the people (welfare maybe?)
Equipment costs are still high to horrible and good luck finding someone to fix them. One of my friends has a 2020 Ram 5500 that blew an injector pump. Been at the dealer for 6 months waiting on parts. Really hard to make 2 payments to keep one truck on the road.

/ Kioti dealer service call pricing...unreasonable? #30  
I currently work for a Kioti dealer (my last day is a few days away).

If purchased brand new and something catastrophic happens - they take care of it without charge.

Otherwise, they are $2.50/mile. If they had an empty truck in the area they could sometimes cut the trip fee in half. No service charge.
moving to greener pastures?