Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff?
Hit the pedal with a rolled up operator's manual.
At least then you'll have the satisfaction of using it for something.
That’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever read. ROFL!! I had that coming!

The
As said, it's not something that stays engaged, if that's what you mean..? Foot pedal should be in the 'Up' position when disengaged. Otherwise some rocking should let it slip in. The actual foot lever is just a simple lever arm and pushrod setup so not much to go wrong unless its a misadjustment inside the diff.
The misadjustment is between my ears. Based on comments here, the diff lock is working just fine.

Your owners manual is your friend ;)
Touche! I’ll have to retrieve it from under the leg of the couch where it makes up for a chunk gnawed off by the dog a while back.

JK 🤪

As said, it's not something that stays engaged, if that's what you mean..? Foot pedal should be in the 'Up' position when disengaged. Otherwise some rocking should let it slip in. The actual foot lever is just a simple lever arm and pushrod setup so not much to go wrong unless its a misadjustment inside the diff.
Thanks for the picture and clear explanation.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #15  
I’ve had lots of 4x4 trucks, but this is my first tractor. All the more reason to read the manual!
The other one is for the 4wd. It *does* stay clicked :)

Still should only really use it when needed as well and make sure its disengaged when traveling at high speeds or on firm ground/roads/asphalt/etc..

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #16  
Try some lubrication on under side things.
Mate, I've advised this on a number of occasions... 'if it moves, but doesn't have a dedicated grease nipple (zerk), spay it with a lanolin based lubricant.' Do this every now and then and you'll avoid all sorts of future problems... including regular greasing and annual torqueing the wheel lugs + all accessible bolts/nuts.

(I also laughed at the "smack it with the Owner Manual" comment... if only it were true. ;))

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #17  
Mate, I've advised this on a number of occasions... 'if it moves, but doesn't have a dedicated grease nipple (zerk), spay it with a lanolin based lubricant.' Do this every now and then and you'll avoid all sorts of future problems... including regular greasing and annual torqueing the wheel lugs + all accessible bolts/nuts.

(I also laughed at the "smack it with the Owner Manual" comment... if only it were true. ;))
Yes so true. People are used to new autos. Just get in and go. Tractors take a bit more up keep.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #18  
Hit the pedal with a rolled up operator's manual.
At least then you'll have the satisfaction of using it for something.

The funniest thing I’ve read!
Oh man! I’m stealing this!

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #19  
Embarrassed, I am. I have told others over the years to RTFM! Time to look in a mirror and repeat it to myself. The lever moves just fine. I took it upon myself to determine that it should go “click” and stay locked in. I’ve had lots of 4x4 trucks, but this is my first tractor. All the more reason to read the manual!
Nothing bad about reading the manual but you should feel comfortable asking any question you want on this site without the snarky comments.

/ Kioti CK3510SE HST - How The Hell Do I Engage the Locking Diff? #20  
One of the great things about the people on this forum is they may give you a ribbing on occasion but will always answer your question and provide advice in the process.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused Montreal 12-16.5 Skid Steer Tires and Wheels (A32932)
Unused Montreal...
Western Gear Double Shaft Shredder (A33041)
Western Gear...
Bobcat 20" CL2 Trench Bucket (A32803)
Bobcat 20" CL2...
BBQ Smoker (A33041)
BBQ Smoker (A33041)
Bobcat T870 Skid Steer Loader (A32803)
Bobcat T870 Skid...
WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...