King Cutter professional rear blade

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #1  

BruceS_55

Bronze Member
Tractor
RK25
I am considering purchasing a Rural King by King Cutter professional series rear blade. I am concerned though that the tilt and offset features both are adjusted with the same bolts. (see photo) Should that be an issue in any way? For one, I would think a quick adjust pin would be better than having to use a wrench or socket to make the adjustment. If you have this blade, how do you like it?
1705176410765.png

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #2  
I am considering purchasing a Rural King by King Cutter professional series rear blade. I am concerned though that the tilt and offset features both are adjusted with the same bolts. (see photo) Should that be an issue in any way? For one, I would think a quick adjust pin would be better than having to use a wrench or socket to make the adjustment. If you have this blade, how do you like it?

View attachment 846530
Not the best blade for removing snow. It's way shorter. The blade will bend/twist permanently if you try pulling out stumps or large rocks out of the soil.

Now, if you don't have a heavy duty use like I had mentioned, then indeed get it.

I have a bunch of KK implements.

DSCF5789.JPG

Last edited:
   / King Cutter professional rear blade #3  
I've had a 7' Pro series blade for years and like it.
I have top and tilt on my tractor 3 point so I've never needed to use the blades tilt or side shift , so I can't comment how those work.
Stick with the King Kutter Pro series back blade, their standard duty blades are junk.

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #4  
Would be helpful to see a few more pictures.
Looks like the big bolt in the picture might be used to slide the blade to the right or left, are you sure it’s also supposed to be used for tilting the blade ?

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #5  
If the blade face doesn’t have a significant curve built in it won’t be as strong and won’t dig in well or cause the snow-gravel or whatever your trying to move to roll. Curved face blades are more expensive but usually work much better than straight faced blades.

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #6  
I think you will be disappointed with that flat faced blade when it comes to moving snow. Also - flat faced will not be as strong a curved blade.

I have a VERY HD Rhino rear blade - 1000#. It's on the tractor most all the time as counter weight for my grapple. Along with the 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires.

All the blade functions are by pulling a pin and relocating it.
IMG_0006.jpeg

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #7  
I am considering purchasing a Rural King by King Cutter professional series rear blade. I am concerned though that the tilt and offset features both are adjusted with the same bolts. (see photo) Should that be an issue in any way? For one, I would think a quick adjust pin would be better than having to use a wrench or socket to make the adjustment. If you have this blade, how do you like it?View attachment 846530

I have one like that, I use a cordless 1/2” impact to adjust it, it stays where I put it.

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #8  
If you want to actually use the offset and tilt features, then pass on this blade. I had one like that and found the bolt adjustable feature to be really unhandy, especially when you get a bit of rust on the bolt. I bought a Bison blade with pin adjustment for both tilt and offset and now I actually use those features.

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #9  
I am also a very happy Bison 9 foot blade owner, it supposedly weighs 1400 pounds, the curved blade also makes it work excellent for back blading for leveling dirt or plowing snow.

/ King Cutter professional rear blade #10  
Yes - I use all the adjustments to clean the driveway ditches and clear snow. Offset - angle - tilt. Offset gets the tractor just a little bit further from the very edge of the driveway. I have a couple spots on the driveway with a 10+ foot dropoff near the edge.