Kenmore electric dryer

/ Kenmore electric dryer #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Well the info that comes out of this site seems endless so here goes another shot in the dark.

The dryer has suddenly started to keep running when the door is opened. Next thing it runs to the end of its timed run, shuts off, but you would continue to hear the timer motor running. Then it will turn on again all buy itself

If it is off and you want to run a timed load, just advancing the timer turns it on and you don't have to hit the start button.

Ive googled this but no hits with all those specifics

/ Kenmore electric dryer #2  
How old is the dryer?

It sounds like you still have a mechanical timer.

My guess is that you have two problems:

1. the switch in the door is bad.

2. The timer mechanism is worn out (assuming it is a mechanical timer).

I have had great support from repairclinic.com

/ Kenmore electric dryer
How old is the dryer? 2004

It sounds like you still have a mechanical timer. Yes

My guess is that you have two problems:

1. the switch in the door is bad.

2. The timer mechanism is worn out (assuming it is a mechanical timer).

I have had great support from repairclinic.com

Further info. a year ago it was doing the same thing so I went online to a Sears hotline. Tech concluded it was the timer and he ordered me a knew one. I put the thing back together, and It began to work as it should. So when new one came I figured I would keep it as if it failed once it would again. So it failed yesterday and today I connected new timer up and same thing-no change. So I go to Sears and they direct me to some new outside service they have -Justanswer.com, that cost me 5 bucks to sign up and 24 bucks for a service call. Guy has me hook up a meter to the start button and quickly concludes there is s dead short in it and that is the problem. so after trip to closest Sears Parts operation I'm back with the new switch-same thing. I go back online to "Justanswer" in an attempt to get my $29 back and first response I get is they are sending me to a claims attorney for resolution! Now I am completely out of my mind and finally get someone in Manilla who offers to get me another tech or my money back. I took the money and they did in fact credit my card about an hour later.

I will try repairclinic .com-thx for quick response.

/ Kenmore electric dryer #4  
you could have checked the switch. Take a wire off , if it stopped. put wire back on. If if started, I would say it would be the switch. The start switch should be separate from the timer.
Your dryer may have a start switch at the motor that could be shorted/bad

/ Kenmore electric dryer #5  
I have fixed our washer and dryer by using this company. Put in your make...model etc......they will tell you what is needed and even have a video to show you how to repair.....have saved a lot of money using them.

Appliance Part Select | Appliance Parts from PartSelect

/ Kenmore electric dryer