Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #111  
I need to keep an eye to this post, thanks all, very informative.

I've used Irish Spring soap bars in the vehicles, while in storage for winter, for the same reason as the fryer sheets. I'm going to try the Bounce sheets for general use ... garage, other equipment, sea can etc.

I can hardly wait for Spring to get back into my routines

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #112  
Good to know👌 ... sound like you need a few cats and some rat poison...

I’d probably pick one or the other, unless your end goal is to kill cats…

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #113  
I'd say Bounce sheets/peppermint oil is the most reliable method of deterring rodents. You can't tell what a cat will or won't do or when or ever. Some are good mousers and others aren't.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #114  
“Do dryer sheets keep rodents away?”

“The belief that dryer sheets can repel mice has gained popularity over time, primarily due to the assumption that scent of dryer sheets might deter rodents. However, this is a misconception, and using dryer sheets as a mouse repellent is not a reliable or proven method.“

“From my own experience, (not me) no, unfortunately. I’m used to buying large amounts of essential oils (being a natural perfumer), so when a non-rent paying fat mouse decided to take up living in the kitchen wall I decided to try out the peppermint oil idea.
I took it up several notches though.
I fumigated the entire house with peppermint essential oil mixed with sandalwood. I used electric essential oil diffusers in the kitchen and soaked a rag in roughly 100 MLS of peppermint essential oil and stuffed it into the wall cavity (after removing a small section of it).
I debated about the most effective way of catching the mouse. One night I decided to look into the wall covering using a torch (flashlight) only to see the mouse sitting directly on the peppermint soaked rag.
I used all kinds of homemade mouse traps (non-kill), it outsmarted me at every turn.
I tried all kinds of methods to get rid of it.
I eventually decided that this couldn’t go on any longer. So a snap trap was set up using chocolate as a lure. It worked that night.
As to peppermint, no it did nothing except make me think of the mouse whenever I brushed my teeth.
Edit; why I did not use poison. For one thing, the toxins used to kill rodents are cruel, neither mice nor rats can throw up. The poisons commonly used cause the rodents to die from internal bleeding. That just isn’t ok with me.
Another reason, rodents will return to their nests to die (and stink the house up).

Yet another reason; I didn’t want to risk the mouse being eaten by another animal and suffering from the same poisoning.”

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #115  
The bright lights and a radio seem to be a good deterrent for birds too. Birds getting/nesting in my shop is my biggest animal issue. Poop everywhere and its corrosive.
Old CD's/DVD's hung on weed eater twine are excellent bird deterrents.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #116  
On my Kubota L3540HSTC-3 I had the side covers off and then lost the little plastic fasteners, so I don't use the side covers anymore. Also leave the hood open on both tractors.

I found on the internet a good mouse/rat killer that is not poison. 1 part seeds/chicken food (something that they would like), 1 part baking soda and 1/2 part or more peanut butter. They suffocate, because they can't puke at back out. I have the ingredients, but I haven't tried it yet. I plan on putting all around the inside of my Pole Barn.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #117  
On my Kubota L3540HSTC-3 I had the side covers off and then lost the little plastic fasteners, so I don't use the side covers anymore. Also leave the hood open on both tractors.

I found on the internet a good mouse/rat killer that is not poison. 1 part seeds/chicken food (something that they would like), 1 part baking soda and 1/2 part or more peanut butter. They suffocate, because they can't puke at back out. I have the ingredients, but I haven't tried it yet. I plan on putting all around the inside of my Pole Barn.
I might try that too. Report back on how that works.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.
And preferably NOT the cat unless you are in love with the smell of cat pizz.
Cat Pizz and 26% Urea smell the same actually.

Wife found the 'ultimate' dryer sheets... Snuggles, they really stink and are the least expensive to boot. Man do they stink. Have to wear latex gloves to handle them. Stink personified.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #119  
Would this work ? Not my idea, just seen it on the net.

Attachments

• RAT AND MICE KILLER.jpg
    RAT AND MICE KILLER.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 64
   / Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #120  
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Ive placed a drop light under my hood of a rv that was stored outside for awhile. I had signs of mice before chewing an air box and nothing after I placed the light and closed the hood.