Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #101  
I got 2 feral cats 4 yrs ago. They live in the barn where I park my tractors and car.
Kitty has been sleeping on the hood. You just know there aint no mice around. Prior to barn cats we had all sorts of rodent problems like engine nests and chewed wiring.
Now my only problem is feeding and watering them ~ easy peasy and effective solution.
rats don't like open spaces, so i keep my rig stored away from foliage & cover w/hood open 100' or so away from cover in an open field that seems to reduce rodent damage, hood open & mothballs deter as well. the dryer sheets are less effective for me, in fact i've seen the sheets in rodent nests close by. regards

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #102  
The coyotes, foxes and mountain lions get anything that is out except for gown cattle and horses...

Neighbor lost a calf and another several goats... you would think in an urban fringe area it would be different.
Yeah, I’ve given up on barn cats. Coyotes get them sometimes. And owls get them at night.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #103  
You and your neighborhood need to consider introducing the predators to a new friend acquired by your animals.

You and your neighborhood need to consider introducing the predators to a new friend acquired by your animals.

The horses are OK and protect each other.

No one has outdoor cats anywhere… coyotes pick them off…

Neighbor lost a 9 month old Aussie with mountain lions tracks.

My brother sent me a picture of the oak in his immediate yard from family room window and I asked why and he said look again.

Yep sprawled out on a low limb a 90 pound mountain lion…

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #104  
Yeah, I’ve given up on barn cats. Coyotes get them sometimes. And owls get them at night.
Owls swoop and pick up rabbits… I guess a cat possible.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #106  
In my neighborhood, the hawks follow the hay cutters. Nothing like having a hawk dive right over your head after a field mouse.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #107  
Smart Birds...

The Eagles don't seem to be interested in anything alive...

Now a deer carcass will provide weeks of viewing as they return...

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #108  
I have a barn without mice 🤣

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #109  
I had a problem with mice at the farm that were getting in the tractor cab.
Someone told me about liquid spearmint drops, so I bought a bottle on Ebay (real cheap). I mixed 10 drops in a bowl of hot water and placed it on the floor of the cab.
Well I can tell you that it works, the mice haven't been back and its been years since I started doing this.
Plus the tractor smelled a lot better too.... 👍

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #110  
We battled mice and wolf spiders yearly in the middle of farm country and after harvest it was an onslaught of mice.

We've since tried the following few things with great effectiveness.
1. Peppermint spray sprayed into the inlet furnace duct every month or so. Especially if I hear a mouse I spray it.
2. These traps pictured below around the perimeter of the house.
3. Stray cats. I had a stray mother cat and she put the hurt on them, also killed the chipmunks. I fed her every couple days to keep her coming around. She was also getting into our trash some but I feel that is a small price to pay to be rodent free. We had them bad.
4. Once they get in the house, glue boards around the perimeter of the kitchen usually got them within a day or two. These also catch a ton of insects, which we also had a lot of. We had so many wolf spiders when we moved in, the board would fill with them for the first couple years. now there are very few of them.

Every week we would be fighting at least one or two new mice.
1701048401262.png

1701048452963.png

1701048586048.png