Keep your fuel filter clean

/ Keep your fuel filter clean #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Just a reminder to all

Keep them fuel filters clean at the recommended times.

Just did my kubota today. They call for doing it every 100 hrs. And I'll admit I stretched it a bit. But it was pretty bad.

IMG_20140505_135536_857.jpgIMG_20140505_135553_531.jpg

/ Keep your fuel filter clean #2  
From the looks of the filter you might consider adding some biocide to the tank.

/ Keep your fuel filter clean #3  
Or clean/flush the fuel tank.

/ Keep your fuel filter clean #4  
"LD1", for a guy that knows as much about engines as you, I'm surprised that you let that filter get that bad....just sayin'. It's hard to believe that the Kubota would run. Or is that, "Dont' judge a cobbler by his shoes"?

/ Keep your fuel filter clean #5  
YUK!.. is that a dead fly on the top edge of that filter element?... I think you go your moneys worth out of that filter!

/ Keep your fuel filter clean
"LD1", for a guy that knows as much about engines as you, I'm surprised that you let that filter get that bad....just sayin'. It's hard to believe that the Kubota would run. Or is that, "Dont' judge a cobbler by his shoes"?

I am surprised it was that bad too. I normally do it every 100 hours as recommended. Never seemed to be much in there. But did it anyway. This time, I think I let it slide 200 hours. The filter certainly did its job. The inside of the filter was nice and clean. Everything seen was on the outside. And considering under max load, the thing only burn less than a gallon or so an hour, it would take alot to keep it from running.

YUK!.. is that a dead fly on the top edge of that filter element?... I think you go your moneys worth out of that filter!

Yep. Sure is a dead fly. Not really sure how that got in there:confused2:
Makes me wonder what kind of stuff gets into the fuel on the other equip, lie my backhoe that has spin on filters like an oil filter that just get replaced??