Price Check KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #21  
I have the DK50SE Hydro and I went with the Woods 90x subframe mounted and don't regret it at all. I don't yet have filled tires, I leave the hoe on almost all the time so I generally don't need the weight however I do see how it would be helpful in digging as the hoe will move the tractor around a little if you aren't used to digging with it, once you get the hang of it though it isn't too bad. The Kioti 2485 would have been what I would have gotten in a Kioti model however I liked the specs of the 90x Woods and was more comfortable buying from Woods as I figured they are generally a trusted manufacturer of implements, and I don't know who or where the Kioti hoe was made before it got the Kioti name slapped on it. However at the time I bought mine Woods didn't offer a subframe for a DK50SE cab so if you have the cab you're SOL.

I'm surprised the standard Woods subframe doesn't work with the Kioti cab model. I've never seen a cab model undercarriage up close but the Woods 4 point subframe on my DK40se sure doesn't take up much real estate except right at the rear axle.

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #22  
I'm surprised the standard Woods subframe doesn't work with the Kioti cab model. I've never seen a cab model undercarriage up close but the Woods 4 point subframe on my DK40se sure doesn't take up much real estate except right at the rear axle.

Yes I thought the same thing when I installed mine, there must be something in the way preventing it from attaching properly is all I can figure?

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #23  
Yes I thought the same thing when I installed mine, there must be something in the way preventing it from attaching properly is all I can figure?

Maybe the mount position rather than attachment is the issue. Perhaps the cab requires that the whole BH be further aft to clear the cab. Dunno.

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #24  
When Deere brought out their cabbed tractors, the available hoes would not fit. They had to redesign the hoes, with new model numbers, which fit further back. I've tried to find a Woods mount kit to fit a DKSE, without any luck. The mounts they list specify open station only, no cab.

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #25  
When Deere brought out their cabbed tractors, the available hoes would not fit. They had to redesign the hoes, with new model numbers, which fit further back. I've tried to find a Woods mount kit to fit a DKSE, without any luck. The mounts they list specify open station only, no cab.

Thinking about the structure of my Woods four point subframe, I wonder why one couldn't just cut it in half, insert an appropriately sized spacer and weld it back up. The connection to the tractor axle would be the same and the connection to the BH doesn't change, it's just the intervening space that needs to grow by ?6" or 12" so the seat clears the back window. The "spacer" might need to be a bit heavier than the subframe itself and might be a sandwich with overlap rather than just a spacer but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

/ KB2485 vs KB2475 backhoe price on DKseries #26  
Thinking about the structure of my Woods four point subframe, I wonder why one couldn't just cut it in half, insert an appropriately sized spacer and weld it back up. The connection to the tractor axle would be the same and the connection to the BH doesn't change, it's just the intervening space that needs to grow by ?6" or 12" so the seat clears the back window. The "spacer" might need to be a bit heavier than the subframe itself and might be a sandwich with overlap rather than just a spacer but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Money making opportunity for someone with a welder and a rattle can if you are correct in your assessment.