KAMA 454 battery replacement

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
Hi there, long time no see.

My KAMA's battery finally gave up. It lasted quite a long time, over 4 years. The last legs, I had it on trickle charge to get it started. This was even in the Summer when warm. But I waited until she would not start. But now it's very cold and snow is on the way. I will be heading to Interstate battery tomarrow to get the replacement. There is not much written on the battery, just 6-QA-120S. It is a big battery. Foot print 6.25" by 15.75", standardard batery height I'd guess.

Any cross over reccomendations?

Thanks for any in put,

Patrick T.

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement
Greg,

Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know. Hope all is well with you in KY

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement #4  
Pat,
I believe your 454 is physically the same as my 554.
I have an Interstate "Workoholic" 950 cca and it fits in the battery tray. It sure is a good extra heavy duty battery though. I replaced the original after 1 year so this one has been in service nearly 4 years now. It cranks over my 4 cylinder 495T2 engine easily.

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement
3RRL,

I went with the Interstate 93 series, 850 CCA. She fired right up. The posts were on the oposite sides but still had plently of cable to reach.

Patrick T

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement #6  
The posts were on the oposite sides but still had plently of cable to reach.
Or - you could have just turned the battery around.

//greg//

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement #7  
I've got a 254 and a nortrac dozer, I went with the highest COLD cranking amps I could find that fit in the container and my buget. I believe the tractor has 850CCA and the dozer is 900 something CCA I'll have to look .

/ KAMA 454 battery replacement #9  
I have the Kama 554. Is this a big 12 volt battery or 24 volt battery? Thanks Much...

By the way, I've this tractor over 5 years and haven't had to jump it off once. Now the battery is too weak to turn the engine over....

Last edited:
   / KAMA 454 battery replacement #10  
12 volt system. And my KM454 started first time every time too. I give credit to the direct injection.

//greg//