Just how bad is airline service

/ Just how bad is airline service #61  
Not really related but I’ll tell the story. We had a job our Chicago area office had and I drove up with our GPS system. This was right after 911. They needed a building location and elevation that was in the flight path of O‘hare even though it was going to be one story high. I setup our base on a known GPS point off the end of a runway at O’hare outside the fence, the heavies were coming in right over my head. I stayed with the base while my helper went to shoot the building. A van comes rolling up to me. I figure they are security and I’m in big trouble. Turns out O’hare has a full time survey crew and they were just curious what I was doing.

/ Just how bad is airline service #62  
Maybe my flight is delayed or cancelled, maybe not. Maybe my bags arrive, maybe not. Now days, I got better odds in Vegas.

Also, It is my belief that when you go through TSA screening, at that moment you give up all civil rights.

You have the right to not go if you don’t like their terms.

/ Just how bad is airline service #63  
TSA is a PIA. With my airport ID, I can go anywhere. If I had friends or family I try to meet them at the gate to say goodbye or BS. They have a special line for airport employees to go through do they aren't held up. One rent a cop was giving me crap and told me I had to go through normal screening. I told him to pack sand. I know the hallways and doors at Anchorage so I opened the nearest passage (with my id) and when I got to the other side of TSA I was sure to let him know he was #1.

Most are cool people, just overworked and stressed

/ Just how bad is airline service #64  
I found this one a bit amusing.... (since no one was injured).

• On July 23, 2015, an Allegiant aircraft attempted to fly to Hector International Airport in Fargo, North Dakota, which was at the time within a temporary flight restriction due to a rehearsal by the Blue Angelsflight team for an upcoming air show.[96] The pilots then declared a fuel emergency, stating, "Yeah, listen, we're bingo [empty] fuel here in about probably three to four minutes and I got to come in and land." The pilots were scolded by the airport's tower, who said, "Your company...should have been aware of this for a number of months," regarding the airspace restrictions. The pilots flying the aircraft were, at the time, the airline's vice president of flight operations and its director of flight safety.[97]
I hope there were some red faces on that crew for such an unforgivable lapse in flight planning. Check your NOTAMS!
Some retraining seems to have been warranted.