Just Bought a 26xl

/ Just Bought a 26xl #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
Spent 2 years looking, asked prolly 900 questions here. bought one today, wasn't even planning on it, nor was i even looking.

that said it comes monday its a 15

330 hours, i don't believe any fluids have been changed, i will need to figure out what has been changed, whats the oem hst filter used?

anywhere i can download owner manual? specs/ fluids etc?

what are the recommend hst fluids filter brands etc....

pretty much anything you can add would be greatly appreciated.

/ Just Bought a 26xl
got the manual, best fluid and filter? best place to buy?

/ Just Bought a 26xl #4  
Not sure about the best place to buy but this place ships to you and is convenient:
OEM Tractor Parts | Bill's Tractor And Equipment
Agreed. They have a kit that contains all of the filters and it is typically much cheaper than buying them individually from your local dealer. This is how I get filters for my 2016 26xl. Unless the previous owner provides documentation of fluid and filter changes I would change them all after you get it.

I run Shell Rotella diesel engine oil and hydraulic fluid. Both are Mahindra recommended. Mine is the HST model. Screenshot_20210113-230941_Photos.jpegScreenshot_20210113-230914_Photos.jpeg

/ Just Bought a 26xl
Agreed. They have a kit that contains all of the filters and it is typically much cheaper than buying them individually from your local dealer. This is how I get filters for my 2016 26xl. Unless the previous owner provides documentation of fluid and filter changes I would change them all after you get it.

I run Shell Rotella diesel engine oil and hydraulic fluid. Both are Mahindra recommended. Mine is the HST model. View attachment 683113View attachment 683114

this is prolly the way im going, where did you pick up the rotella?

/ Just Bought a 26xl
has anyone filled the tires? im thinking WW, any issues with the outriggers lifting with the rears filled?

/ Just Bought a 26xl #7  
I typically get the fluids at Tractor Supply. I think I have gotten the engine oil at Auto Zone also.

/ Just Bought a 26xl
I typically get the fluids at Tractor Supply. I think I have gotten the engine oil at Auto Zone also.

have you replaced all the fluids, would you say 7 gallons is enough for the front axle and hst/hydraulic?

/ Just Bought a 26xl #9  
Capacities...20210119_001011.jpeg

/ Just Bought a 26xl #10  
Hope you have better luck with yours than I have had. I have 64 hrs on my 26MAX and tried to use the 3pt for the first time and it doesn't work. Youtube says I should mess with the valve flow knob between my legs. The aluminum frame under the seat is junk and it took 10 hrs of use before the rubber cover on the reverse pedal to deteriorate in to nothing. Don't drive on concrete or asphalt with the 4wd, it will chew the **** out of your front tire edges. Battery cable ends have already corroded and needed a good cleaning. Not really efficient on fuel that I can tell so far. I pushed some snow and the front edge of the bucket looks like I've owned it for 10 years (soft metal). I just bought a cutting edge for it and will drill the holes for the install. I guess I don't have to worry about ruining my drill bit, the bucket metal is so soft I think a hammer would bend it. It's gonna be up for sale if I have one more problem.