Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #241  
I read Sept.9 as purchase date along with some attachments. Maybe delivery was a week later. Changing profile I don't understand.
2023_09_21_20.40.17.jpg

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
Ah, the anonymity of the Internet.... I'm starting to think this clown is an AI bot.

All the hoopla in the beginning and now just crickets.
1. I don't live on this forum.
2. I don't really care what you think. And you write way too much about nothing.
3. You need to go back and read, or have someone read it to you. I did post an update, but not the final decision.
4. I'd bet some money that your personality type is such that you question the reality of things like the 2019 illness and the events of the 1930s because a minor incongruence or two. If you can piece together my AI bot words, I'd be curious to hear your response. Or better yet, join the discussion in a meaningful way and try not being a troll - in a tractor forum of all places!

I bought the tractor when I said I did. But wire transfers and loans take time, they're not instant beleive it or not. Then it has to be picked up and shipped. I realize this may be out of your wheel house of intelligence, but I assure you, the actual mechanics of buying from another state precludes instant delivery.

Last edited:
I read Sept.9 as purchase date along with some attachments. Maybe delivery was a week later. Changing profile I don't understand. View attachment 822601
Does it matter? I'm here for the advice and information relating to tractors and the like, not to make my personal life details the business of the internet.

Do you really think excavation of the moon is real, too? (though I bet our flat-earther friend 5030 beleives it's real, but not maybe the moon landing...)

Original poster has posted in this thread dozens of times. Short version- bought a tractor unseen. Gets it shipped to him. Uses it some and realizes hour meter doesn’t work. Makes the mistake of posting about it on TBN.
Did I miss anything?
Nope. You got it. Unfortunately. Though I'm learning that there's many tractor folks that have no moral qualms with selling equiptment with broken meters and advertising it as accurate hours via backwood word trickery. In the woods I'm in and the people I deal deal with, your word/handshake/honor/integrity mean something.

Last edited:
So...what's the outcome of the dealer and tractor?
In the initial call, they admitted there was a miscommunication on their end and have apologized. I asked them to produce a solution so I didn't seem unreasonable, but I also made it clear I'm currently shouldering all the risk for the broken meter.

They texted me yesterday morning and apologized again and said they would take the tractor back and pay for the shipping. I took them up on the offer. I'm now waiting for the details to be ironed out and the paperwork to fly.

Now I have to find another tractor, which is not ideal. Currently the only thing I can find has DEF :(

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #247  
Sounds like a stand-up company you are dealing with, so far. Do they give you a cheque for all your costs when they pick up the tractor, or do they send you a cheque once they have the tractor in their hands and check it all over to make sure you didn,t damage anything while it was in your possession ? I would want to have a cheque in my hand once the tractor is picked up, to possibly prevent any further headaches.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #248  
I'll sell you either of my Kubota M9's Pre T4, no emissions, accurate hours and well maintained. Both dyno in the mid 90's pto. Both are completely optioned out and the cab unit is 540-1000 pto and of course FWA.

Cab tractor = 54 grand
Open Station = 35 grand

Implements don't go with them and I have the shop manuals as well. Both have front end loaders and buckets and the cab tractor has front mount remotes and of course both are SSQA.

Cash of course, I don't take checks.

50% deposit up front and you pay the transportation.

Attachments

• 100_0010 (1).JPG
    100_0010 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
   / Just arrived and hour meter is broken #249  
I'm glad that turned out that way. I know I have been defending the dealer a fair bit, but I'm glad you reached a conclusion that will make you happy. I think if you kept that machine, every time there was a problem or issue, you would be second guessing if it all came from this (if did or didn't is irrelevant).

I would suggest that when you find another machine, you dig a bit deeper, ask questions, Preferably go in person, that way, you Hopefully avoid another problem. I wish you luck in your search, and eventually purchase.

Sounds like a stand-up company you are dealing with, so far. Do they give you a cheque for all your costs when they pick up the tractor, or do they send you a cheque once they have the tractor in their hands and check it all over to make sure you didn,t damage anything while it was in your possession ? I would want to have a cheque in my hand once the tractor is picked up, to possibly prevent any further headaches.
I'd imagine they would want to get the tractor back, but that'd not be very wise on my part. They have the money and the tractor, and I'm out both.

I'll see how they do it, but it's parked and ready to go.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2 Yard plastic dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard plastic...
9' Reading Body for Dually (A33544)
9' Reading Body...
John Deere 6145M (A33526)
John Deere 6145M...
2024 Landhero LDH-HY450 Stand On Mini Track Loader Skid Steer (A32932)
2024 Landhero...
Yale GC050 Warehouse Forklift LP (A33526)
Yale GC050...
2016 International ProStar DayCab Truck (A33544)
2016 International...