Joystick Circuit Selector Button

/ Joystick Circuit Selector Button #21  
An idear

Hey, guys. Ya know I've got this desire to add that backhoe arm, but I'd have add some plumbing to my old machine. I was thinking along those lines when I stumbled on a slightly different approach from Charlie's (although Charlie's might very well be the better approach, since it's already working.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif).

I'm thinking add a 2 circuit valve to the left side of the steering wheel. By "2 circuit valve", I mean one just like the lift/curl valve on the right side of the steering wheel. Plumb the 12 o'clock/6 o'clock connections in parallel with the right knee lever on the newer machines (mine would have to be plumbed in somewhere else), and plumb the 9 o'clock/3 o'clock motion in parallel with the steering (if this is actually possible).

So, you'd end up with your right hand doing the normal thing, and with your left hand you'd be able to curl/uncurl the hoe bucket with the 12/6 motion and steer the tractor (which also swings the hoe left/right) with the 9/3 motion.

If I ever get around to adding a hoe arm, this is probably what I'll shoot for. What do you think? Sound like it will work? Do you think the valve can be plumbed in parallel with the steering without this causing the steering wheel to not work? (I'm thinking the answer is "yes, it'll work", and now you can also easily steer with one hand.)

Dave

/ Joystick Circuit Selector Button #22  
Re: An idear

Great minds think alike /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=powertrac&Number=199863&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1#Post199863>Click here to see my thoughts on this from an earlier post.</A>

/ Joystick Circuit Selector Button #23  
Re: An idear

I see! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

I'm thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to steer with either the steering wheel OR the left joystick, myself...

Dave