John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO.

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #201  
I think you are spot on and what those old enough remember...

My family has roots in the car business going back to the 1920ç—´.

To my grandfatherç—´ last day he had his residence address and phone number on his business card and so did my father... my grandfather owned the dealership.

Grandpa explained it like this... auto sales is person to person based on trust and having your home address and phone on your business card drives that home.

In my small town, I have had plant managers and other business people tell me they prefer to live in another town so they can leave work at work. They do not want to see employees at the grocery store or church.

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #202  
Maybe the difference of being self employed vs employee.

Sales is very competitive and the best in auto sales tend to be reachable and involved with civic groups and even sponsor community sports...

About the only place this is still common is Real Estate.

I remember going with Grandpa Sunday after church because a customer had a problem...

Rarely did someone show up at the door without calling but people late on a note did drop off payments...

The old neighborhood business district was mostly independents... some living over the store.

Maybe gone just like Doctors that make house calls?

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #203  
Who's "national" customer service are you referring to?

As I said, very earlier in this thread, my 'State wide' JD customer service has been exemplary. Around here a dealership, any colour, lives and dies on their reputation.

If you live in the U.S they have this number here 1-866-993-3373 that you can call to speak directly with the home office. However it is nothing but a frustration and waste of time.

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #204  
If you live in the U.S they have this number here 1-866-993-3373 that you can call to speak directly with the home office. However it is nothing but a frustration and waste of time.

I think you are narrowing it down some for us. This is something really personal with you toward the JD corporate office. I’m really leaning toward the possibility that your wife ran off with someone from the company at a high level or you were an employee/dealer who wasn’t cutting it and got canned. Too bad for you but your personal animosity really doesn’t add anything positive to this forum.

Maybe you should get your personal life in order then come back when you arent so hostile.

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #205  
I think you are narrowing it down some for us. This is something really personal with you toward the JD corporate office. I知 really leaning toward the possibility that your wife ran off with someone from the company at a high level or you were an employee/dealer who wasn稚 cutting it and got canned. Too bad for you but your personal animosity really doesn稚 add anything positive to this forum.
Maybe you should get your personal life in order then come back when you arent so hostile.

Oh really? So you're doctor Phil now :laughing: ....some of you members on this forum are one for the books smh

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #206  
Will it be red, blue, orange (the other orange)?

/ John Deere's poor dealership decision making IMO. #207  
It's a combination of Corporate greed and Walmartitis. The Government promotes monopolies so they can better control them. Look around, 4 big corporations selling all the goods, 4 big trucking companies, 4 railroads, 4 auto manufacturers, 4 telephone co.. Get the picture? Too late!