John Deere 750 value

/ John Deere 750 value #11  
I've recently seen a newer 790 in the exact same configuration but with a Sims cab and more hours for $18,000 in the northeast.

I can also tell you that I would not sell our 770 for anything less than $10k and that does not have a backhoe.

Don't cheat yourself, as others have said, its a desirable tractor. If it were mine, I'd ask for $16k and drop no lower than $14k.

/ John Deere 750 value #12  
I have a 750, not as optioned up as yours. Price will vary by market, so keep that in mind.

I will say that parts are getting difficult to find for these and they are no way near as desirable as newer sub compacts so keep your expectations realistic.

See link as an example, this is a 5 year old tractor with lower hours, yours is almost 35 years old.

You would make the most money by selling the backhoe separate from the tractor/loader combo.

/ John Deere 750 value #13  
I've recently seen a newer 790 in the exact same configuration but with a Sims cab and more hours for $18,000 in the northeast.

I can also tell you that I would not sell our 770 for anything less than $10k and that does not have a backhoe.

Don't cheat yourself, as others have said, its a desirable tractor. If it were mine, I'd ask for $16k and drop no lower than $14k.

I just bought a 790 with 400 hours and the thing barely even has a scratch on it. It's got a loader. What would you think the retail value would be? The only reason I ask is part of me wants an HST transmission, so may sell/trade up for something different.

/ John Deere 750 value #15  
The tractor market is like the housing market and both will implode at some point in the not too distant future.

This made me laugh out loud. It seems like every market has decoupled from reality. A return to sanity would be welcome, in my opinion.

/ John Deere 750 value #16  
Greetings all -- I have a tractor that I'd like to sell and want your impression on a price that I should ask. It's a late 1980's John Deere model 750 with a model 67 loader and model 7 backhoe. It's a 3 cylinder Yanmar with 19 horsepower or so with 1530 hours on it. It always starts no problem and everything seems to work fine, and I would say the overall shape of it would be "good/average". It's got a new battery, new front tires, and I installed new steering knuckle seals recently. The downside to it is the rear tires (turf) are dry rotted but hold air just fine, and the cylinders on the backhoe all leak. I've thought about pulling the cylinders and installing new seals, and might if it helps sell the thing. Question is: What is a reasonable price I can expect, the best case scenario and the fire sale price. I'm in the mid-atlantic area if that makes a difference.
Do you still have this tractor?

Thanks,

Marty

/ John Deere 750 value #17  
Greetings all -- I have a tractor that I'd like to sell and want your impression on a price that I should ask. It's a late 1980's John Deere model 750 with a model 67 loader and model 7 backhoe. It's a 3 cylinder Yanmar with 19 horsepower or so with 1530 hours on it. It always starts no problem and everything seems to work fine, and I would say the overall shape of it would be "good/average". It's got a new battery, new front tires, and I installed new steering knuckle seals recently. The downside to it is the rear tires (turf) are dry rotted but hold air just fine, and the cylinders on the backhoe all leak. I've thought about pulling the cylinders and installing new seals, and might if it helps sell the thing. Question is: What is a reasonable price I can expect, the best case scenario and the fire sale price. I'm in the mid-atlantic area if that makes a difference.
Did you sell it? I am looking at a 750 but without the loader. Is yours 4x4? I was told the 750 could not accept a FEL and was wondering if that was only for the 2 wheel drive? They look the same, but maybe the front axle of the 4x4 is needed to accept the weight? I don't know but will pass on the machine if it will not be able to be upgraded in the future.

/ John Deere 750 value #18  
Did you sell it? I am looking at a 750 but without the loader. Is yours 4x4? I was told the 750 could not accept a FEL and was wondering if that was only for the 2 wheel drive? They look the same, but maybe the front axle of the 4x4 is needed to accept the weight? I don't know but will pass on the machine if it will not be able to be upgraded in the future.

I looked at buying one of those Yanmars-made JDs back back when they first came out. In fact I've still got the old advertising info from 1982. I think I would have heard if there have been any problems with the FEL and axles. Yours is the first I've heard of it.

Since then I've tractors as a hobby and haven't heard that story or any hint of it. Those 50 sereies are fine tractors - rather basic, but fine. My guess is that someone told you a story......

rScotty

Last edited:
   / John Deere 750 value #19  
Yes thanks. It was a solid tractor. Perfect shape but as I found did not have much hydraulic mounts on his. I think was an option as I found other examples with them.
I passed as too much to install all that and find a loader.
On to the next one.

/ John Deere 750 value #20  
Oh to the OP he was asking 4500.00 with a banged up woods mower on back. 2wd and no power steering. And 1200 hrs.