john deere 4410 pedal springs.

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs. #1  

phunter

Tractor
john deere 4410
my hydrostatic pedal springs are shot which makes the tractor not always go forward or backwards. how does one replace these springs. luv1390 is the part number and they are behind the plastic cover. i have the new springs and took the cover off and took the pin out in between the two linkage arms where the pedals connect. I cannot get enough wiggle room to have the springs come loose. there must be a better way. hoping someone can advise me. I dont think I have broken anything yet. I need help.

sincerely
p hunter

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs. #2  
I've never heard of these springs going bad or being an issue. One concern with messing with the pedals is you may have to do a calibration on the system afterwards, and that can be a real PITA.

@joecdeere has some tech manuals, many it's detailed in there.

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs. #3  
phunter, check your private messages for info to contact me

Joe

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs.
Thanks for the replies. The springs may not be the issue. It does seem like the forward does not completely go back up and is softer. I was hoping someone had done this spring replacement before and could give me a walk through.
I’ll be checking out the manual.

thanks to all

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs. #5  
Try some fluid film on them...mine where rough a squeaky when I bought my used 3720, it made all the difference.

/ john deere 4410 pedal springs. #6  
manual on the way