John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #1  

melvinhatcher

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 John Deere M and 2016 Kubota L3301
I have a John Deere Z425B M0Z425B013384, Zero turn with one of the four Hydraulic pipe fittings leaking on the TUFF TORQ BY KANZAKI MODEL DUP 10E.
There are four pipe lines going into this unit and one fitting is leaking. I cannot get any of my 15/16 open end wrenches on the nut to try and tighten it.
I am going to my local parts store to see if I can purchase a pipe box end wrench that will fit the nut and try to tighen it.
My question to the group is has anyone experenced a leak of this nature and or how did you solve the problem?
Best regards and thank you in advance.
Melvin Hatcher.

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #2  
Show a pic or two of that fitting.. you may need two wrenches.. metric size I suspect.. to do this job.

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak
I have a John Deere Z425B M0Z425B013384, Zero turn with one of the four Hydraulic pipe fittings leaking on the TUFF TORQ BY KANZAKI MODEL DUP 10E.
There are four pipe lines going into this unit and one fitting is leaking. I cannot get any of my 15/16 open end wrenches on the nut to try and tighten it.
I am going to my local parts store to see if I can purchase a pipe box end wrench that will fit the nut and try to tighen it.
My question to the group is has anyone experenced a leak of this nature and or how did you solve the problem?
Best regards and thank you in advance.
Melvin Hatcher.

IMG_1272[1].JPG

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #4  
Last edited:
   / John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #5  
Which fitting is leaking ? Where is it leaking ? The leak could be at the threads into the body or at the fitting to tube. As said before those have an o-ring. Replace the o-ring in any fitting you disturb. They're called ORFS. You will have to remove each obstructing fitting to get to the leaker. Or you could buy a crowfoot flare nut wrench

wrench.jpg

Which fitting is leaking ? Where is it leaking ? The leak could be at the threads into the body or at the fitting to tube. As said before those have an o-ring. Replace the o-ring in any fitting you disturb. They're called ORFS. You will have to remove each obstructing fitting to get to the leaker. Or you could buy a crowfoot flare nut wrench

View attachment 665757
Thank you very much, my next question is; where is the best place to purchase the correct O rings?
:)

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #7  
Local hyd shop or hyd hose shop will have those orings.

Ok guys, I ordered and recieved my flared nut wrench from Amozon and purchased the "O" rings listed in the parts catalog, from John Deere. Bad news, there is not any "O" rings at or in the fittings. :thumbdown: :( :thumbdown:
Monday I will call TUFF TORQ to see if they can lend me a hand this leak repair or at least what is causing the leak.
At any rate, I will keep you guys posted on my findings.

Best regards,

Melvin :confused2:

/ John Deere 425 Zero turn Hydraulic pipe leak #9  
Ok guys, I ordered and recieved my flared nut wrench from Amozon and purchased the "O" rings listed in the parts catalog, from John Deere. Bad news, there is not any "O" rings at or in the fittings. :thumbdown: :( :thumbdown:
Monday I will call TUFF TORQ to see if they can lend me a hand this leak repair or at least what is causing the leak.
At any rate, I will keep you guys posted on my findings.

Best regards,

Melvin :confused2:

Well there you go. JD says there should be O-Rings but there are none. That's the problem?

Anyone here ever worked on or replaced the "O" rings on a TUFF TORQ BY KANZAKI MODEL: DUP 10E S/N: 10E006141, if so would you please shed some light on your experience with this unit. :eek: